Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Wipe Fairy

Yesterday I had the first panic attack I had experienced in at least five hours.

WE

RAN

OUT

OF

WIPES.


HOKEY PETE!!!

I reached into the closet only to find that our stock pile of wipes from baby showers had been depleted. I pulled out the last remaining pack and took a deep breath. The store. Somehow I have to go to the store.

I still haven't figured out how its going to happen. I'm kinda holding out for the wipe fairies. But the fairies usually show up in the form of my mom or my mother-in-law, and we won't be seeing them til at least Saturday. They have been SO generous and wonderful about swinging by with all sorts of goodies so I don't have to get out and go to the store. Hold onto your hats-Saturday is a long way off, and there is no telling how on earth I'm going to get wipes for this little boy.

The good news is now we can get Huggies wipes. We've been working off of Pampers, and I've discovered I'm just not a fan. I like the thickness and absorbency of Huggies...and the little bears stamped into the wipe aren't too shabby either. A little dose of happy smiling teddy bears ain't a bad thing when you're cleaning up a biohazard at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Here's a few pics of Newbie yesterday in his "Snugglesaurus" pj's and this morning after we woke up from a nice 2 1/2 hour late morning snoozer. Unfortunately, the Hubs was up with Newbie from 4 til 6:30 this morning. Sometimes its a rough go for the Daddio when the Mama is on Benadryl and can't pick her head up off the pillow. (Yes, the blasted hives are still here in full swing. I will never be able to show my legs again.) It was a long night for the Hubs. But I'm certainly feeling refreshed! I packed him a snack to take to work with him to make up for it. And I'm working through a schedule with Newbie today in hopes of straightening out his days and nights.





Wish me luck on my wipe dilemma. It doesn't help that Newbie blew through FOUR diapers within a 5 minute time span on the changing table this morning. I don't know if we'll make it. I may have to resort to napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment