Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sherbet

Look out world, we're going places. We may be barely presentable, but we're going places.

Today Newbie had his first "play date" with a sweet little boy who is a couple months older than my Newbie. I use the term "play date" loosely because not everyone considers simply existing/sleeping/cooing within the same 10 foot radius a play date. However, if the babies' interactions didn't constitute a play date, then the coffee and delicious brunch my friend put together have got to count for something. Probably more of a play date for the mommies than the babies, but we'll count it a win, because hey, we got out of the house and went somewhere other than the backyard. Win. Win. Win. (Name that Thursday night sitcom!) Answer: eciffo eht

Then, THEN, we came home, loaded up a water bottle, and hit the park for a good two mile walk because this postpartum disaster ain't gonna terminate itself. Yes, we did two significant things in one day. A first for us, as we're usually accustomed to sitting on the couch staring at each other. Or the wall. Or the ceiling fan.

On our walk, I decided to forgo the sunscreen due to the impending wedding and my pasty skin. I may be regretting it tomorrow when my hives have doubled due to sunburn, but I'm living in the moment and walking on the wild side today. "I laugh in the face of danger. HA HA HA HA!" (Name that Disney movie!) Answer:gnik noil eht

When we came back from our walk, two things happened.

1)I remembered that I am really not the biggest fan of exercise, but a walk around the park beats rocking out with Jillian Micheals any day. The neighborhood geese don't yell at me like Jillian. That's a plus.

2) Newbie started screaming because he had sweat right through his outfit thanks to the 80+ temp outside. Sorry, baby boy. But your mama needs a tan and could stand to shed a few billion DQ blizzards.

So with all the screaming, I did what any loving mother would do: I stripped him down to his diaper, popped in a binky, set him in his bouncy seat, and drug him into the bathroom so I could take a shower because I was stinking hot too.

Good times were had by all.

And good times will be had by all again this evening because it is TERRIFIC TELEVISION TUESDAY! My little monkey can't wait to join his mama on the couch for some good 'ol fashioned brain-mushing TV.

I may just have to break my code and actually vote on American Idol tonight because we are just loving Lee Dewyze. We'll see. I may be too busy enjoying the orange sherbet I bought last night. Which reminds me...my sister had an imaginary friend named Sherbet when she was little. What a wEiRdO. Which reminds me...Diary of a MOHO entry #2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment