Friday, May 14, 2010

This occasion calls for a DQ ice cream cake. Or at least a brownie.


Newbie is one month old today!


A Letter to Newbie:

Newbie, we are so happy you are a part of our family!!! We love you sooo much and think you are just the sweetest little thing. Mama and Daddy are having a blast snuggling on you and getting to know you each and every day. You are growing up so fast and are already such a big boy!

*You are rarely fussy, and when you do start wailing, Mama and Daddy freak out because it just tears up our hearts. You've already got us wrapped around your little finger!

*When you were born, all the nurses commented on how cute you were...and you've stayed just as adorable! We could just eat you up. You have precious facial expressions and the chubbiest little cheeks. I could munch on you all day long.

*You have your mama's big mouth. You love to chatter- especially at night when Mama and Daddy are trying to sleep...

*You may have your mama's mouth, but you have your daddy's crazy toes. I'm sorry about that, Kiddo. It's just the way the cookie crumbled.

*You're a great eater and a fantastic sleeper too! I think you would sleep all through the night if I let you, but a boy's gotta eat. Your evening schedule starts with nursing around 8, then staying up and playing with Mom and Dad -scratch that-watching "American Idol" or "The Office" with Mom and Dad, then you nurse again at 10, and if we're lucky, you fall asleep by 11 then sleep until 3:30, nurse, and if we're lucky, fall asleep by 4:15 and sleep until 7:30...but sometimes you like to keep Daddy up rocking you for a couple hours after each feeding at night. I think you like to hang out with him since he's at work all day...he's a pretty cool guy, so I don't blame you. =)

*One of your favorite things is chilling out in the 40 dollar bouncer I splurged on two weeks ago. Whew. That was quite the chunk of garage sale spending money, but well worth the investment. You were still too little for your big blue bouncer, and I needed a place to plop you down throughout the day, so we bought the safari bouncer and you LOVE it. You've just started really watching the toys that dangle down in front of your face, and now that you're big enough for your blue bouncer, you have a real thing for the green hippo. I think you would whack at it all day if you could!

*You've started rolling over on your right side! You've always favored that side when you turn your head to sleep at night, but now you're rolling all the way over and lying on your side when we play on the floor.

*You can follow my face and my voice when I hold you- it's adorable. You work really hard at concentrating and listening for the sound of my voice. Your big blue eyes follow my face when I say your name and talk to you...so sweet.

*You love Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzards. Oh wait, that's me.

*You adore your daddy. He rocks you after we nurse at night, and he plays with you when he gets home from work. You already know all about hunting deer on the Xbox and playing hockey. I'm sure Daddy has lots of other tricks up his sleeve that he's planning on teaching you soon!

*You are a really brave little boy. You rarely cried in the hospital when they gave you all those antibiotics, and you're usually very content. When we go for a car ride, you just hang out and look around, or you zonk out as soon as we hit the road. You cried like crazy when the doctor checked your joints at both of your appointments, and it ripped my heart out, but you've been great with shots so far, Iron Man.

*At your last doctor's appointment you weighed 9 pounds, 5 1/2 ounces and were 22 inches long. The nurse was impressed with how much weight you put on since our hospital stay. Way to go!

*You make some seriously funny noises- we call you our little goat at night when you baa and bleat at us at three in the morning, and when you eat you like to growl like a little bear cub. You make us laugh!

Newbie, we can't believe it's already been a month since we got to see your sweet little face for the first time! We absolutely adore you and pray for you several times each day. More than anything, as you grow, we want you to know Jesus and follow hard after Him. We pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses understanding, that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Sweet son, we are so thankful God has entrusted you to us. We are honored to be your parents, and we are so excited to watch you learn and grow! We love you, sweet boy! Happy one month Birthday!!!!

Love,

Mama

3 comments:

  1. The "daddy's little wingman" onesie is adorable! And all your talk about Dairy Queen is making it very hard to drive past the DQ saying "I'm on a diet, trying to lose weight". I think I'll cave this weekend in honor of Newbie's one month birthday. BTW, your commentary is very entertaining, I look forward to your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so ya know, i have been reading, i just am too lazy to comment since i have to sign in every time. love the new pics, he's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kat! And I think I'll be joining you in the honorary DQ run this weekend. =)

    L- thanks for reading...I read yours too, I am also just too lazy =) In fact, I'm suprised I'm commenting here...ha!

    ReplyDelete