Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall is here. In my heart.

Good morning!

While you were sleeping, this mama was dreaming of pumpkins and caramel apples and weather that is cool enough for a 4 month old to go outside to play.

This mama was also flying solo at midnight while the Hubs snoozed across town after an adventure-filled evening hunting birds of a feather. Which means I was blogging my buns off setting up a new fall layout because I am so ready for warm, spicy smells and football and bonfires and chili and cooler temps. Talk to me again in January...I'll be the one kicking myself.

This is the happy little face I woke up to today...

I love that little munchkin.

Although, his daddy is getting the late shift tonight...turns out Newbie is not a fan of his daddy being gone. He was up protesting his absence at the top of every hour after midnight last night. Boo.

We are at G-Mama's today pretending we are on vacation and enjoying a hearty supply of satellite television. We are living in the stone age at our house with only a couple channels, which works out fine because we don't watch much TV anymore, but I am here to tell you a girl just needs her fill of lame-O TV every once in a while, and G-Mama's TiVo is one good place to get it. Good grief, I miss TLC. Once upon a time, the Hubs and I were footloose and fancy free, newlyweds and fresh out of college with a blinged out Comcast DVR the likes of which my life had never seen. Today we are living in luxury and reminiscing a bit...after Newbie falls asleep, of course.

Gosh. Have you seen the new bagel thins? They. Are. So. Good. I have always dreamed of a bagel with less carbs to choke down and this sucker gets it done. G-Mama does breakfast right. Moms are the best.

Speaking of the best...did I tell you the Hubs gave me a trip to Chicago with my bestie for my b-day??? Because he did. And I am deep in the throes of concocting a master shopping list. I am a little concerned about the combination of my lack of navigational skills and the public transportation system, but I'm planning on leaning on the bestie for that. All I need to do is get to the Magnificent Mile. And maybe the cheesecake factory. It is going to be so much fun.

Chicago planning aside, I have big ambitions today involving a walk around the old neighborhood at G-Mama's and some tummy time and possibly a matinee showing of Finding Nemo. So I better get going. This is a really pressing schedule we're talking about here.

Wishing you all a fantastic Thursday filled with rays of sunshine from the last bit of summer and dreams of caramel apples and high school football. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment