
The Hubs on the couch with football.
Newbie in the bouncer with football.
Football on tv.
Like father, like son.
But before the Hubs got laid up, we did a lot of fun stuff that I never got around to posting.
Of course, we watched a lot of football.

We visited G-mama and helped nurse her back to health with lots of cuddling. And I think I even made a dinner or two. And everyone cried because this lady's mac and cheese ain't nothin' like a home cooked meal by Mama. Beggars can't be choosers, people. Beggars can't be choosers.

We bundled up and went downtown to see the fireworks...which turned into going downtown to eat an elephant ear and caramel popcorn with my bestie and her gang before high-tailing it out of there before the fireworks started on account of I started to panic about what my five month old would think of a good twenty minutes of continuous loud explosions. And we could see them from the window from our bedroom when we got home anyway. Win win win.



And Newbie had his first bonfire experience.





Some of us opted to eat our sleeves instead of the s'mores.
I'd also like to add, on an entirely unrelated note, that my hair is giving me a heck of a time these days. I have fought several impulses to chop it all off. What's the point of long hair if it's only being pulled back? But then I reason that if it was short, I'd still not do anything to it anyway, and it wouldn't reach into a ponytail, so I'd be walking around with a frizzed out wad of short hair on my head, looking all haggard anyway. No matter which way you slice it, I'm still not out of the post-partum "I don't care about my hair because I sit in my house and play peek-a-boo and change diapers all day" phase. Which means I will probably go eat a bowl of Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries and continue to walk around the house with my hair in a ponytail. Also, I think I'm balding.
And on another un-related and equally insignificant note, I get the heebie jeebies every time I walk into the kitchen now. I'm afraid that stupid mouse is going to gnaw off my toes while I make Newbie's rice cereal or sneak a few candy corns from the jar on the counter. [shudder]
Tonight we are going to the grocery store.
Tonight we are buying mouse traps.
Tonight we FIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment