Monday, September 20, 2010

This post shall be named "Praise Jesus! And I heart Lysol."

I wanted to pop in and let my faithful readers know that I did not, in fact, fall into a hole, but I am, in fact, not blogging for a few days.

Instead I am saturating my house and my boys in Lysol.

Brace yourself for yet another one of my emotional, sleep-deprived, poor grammar and un-revised posts where I spill my guts out because everyone is napping and it has been a stinking difficult past 24 hours. Thank you for your grace. =)

I will spare you the gruesome details, but the Hubs has a staph infection, otherwise known as the illness that must-not-be-named because it is one we both had on several occasions five years ago and it was the honest to goodness most painful experience of my life. I have multiple scars to prove it. It was leaps and bounds more painful than childbirth, and I can't even begin to tell you how deeply I am in prayer that this is a one-time occurrance and that it-that-must-not-be-named comes no where near my sweet baby boy.

The Hubs found out he had it-that-must-not-be-named on Friday. It wasn't related to his fall last weekend, it was just a darn good "when it rains it pours" example. Then Sunday morning he woke up with an earth shattering headache, and by Sunday afternoon I was in tears racing him with my mom to the ER because I have never seen him in that much pain. And he played rugby. 8 hours in the ER and a blood test, Cat scan, and spinal tap later, we were relieved to find God had eliminated any positive test results. I didn't breathe until all the tests came back negative, meaning we were free to go after some more pain meds and anti-biotics were prescribed for it-that-must-not-be-named.

They don't know why he had a headache. Maybe a reaction to some of the meds, maybe a fluke.

So we went home. That's when I realized I could not have been blessed with a better family. My in-laws had been at the ER and available by phone. My sister and brother in law and dad had taken care of Newbie and he was tucked soundly in bed with a full belly when I got back. My bestie was texting me words of encouragement. My mama was by my side, relating info to the family and providing much needed support for me while I took care of my man. What. A. Blessing.

As I was watching the IV drip drip drip into the line with my head bent over the side of the stretcher where my husband was fading in and out of sleep, trying to get through the most painful experience of his life, God met us right where we were. God was there, and I felt His peace and presence as strongly as I did when Newbie was in the INICU last spring. It was overwhelming. To have the peace that comes in knowing that He is always good, always right, and loves us beyond measure- to know that He was in control no matter what happened, and to know that regardless of what the test results were, or how far it-that-must-not-be-named haunts us after yesterday, to know that no matter what, He will never leave us- that we were never, nor will we ever be, alone- brings me such comfort that I can have joy and abounding hope in the midst of the chaos, the fear, the unknown. And that is saying something. Because I am one spaz of a worrier. One seriously intense germaphobe. Blessed be His name- that He can pull us from that to a place of peace in the midst of the most frightening of circumstances. He had my husband, He had my baby, He had my family and myself in His hands. And I will forever praise His name, because He is always good, and always right, and loves beyond measure.

And all the people said, AMEN!

In the aftermath of last night, there are clothes to sanitize, special soap to buy, fingers to scrub, and a wound to take care of (oh. my. GROSS!) So I'm outta here until my family is back to health or at least until they all zonk out again for a good nap. I cannot tell you the amount of faith I have in the power of prayer. I can't express how grateful I would be for your prayers for my family- that the Hubs would get back to feeling 100% and that the Lord would wipe out every last speck of that bacteria before it has a chance to spread. That he would protect my son above all, because I cannot imagine watching Newbie go through what the Hubs did yesterday. It is unthinkable. Thank you, friends. And don't worry about us- He has us in the palm of His hand....and I think we're going for a Burger King combo meal for lunch- we're going to be OK! =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Praying for you guys right now!
    Love you -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bombarding heaven with prayers for all of you.
    "This I recall to my mind therefore have I hope."
    Check out Lamentations 3:21-26...God is still good even in the day of our troubles.
    Love and prayers...Gram

    ReplyDelete