You know it's cold when you're turning on the Vicks' Warm Mist Humidifier and the TV just to take the edge off. At least we're not huddled around the wipe warmer....yet.
Every year the Hubs and I take on the epic challenge of waiting as long as possible to turn on the furnace. We just like the idea of buckling down under layers and layers in order to scrape up a few extra bucks before the BLIZZARD hits, and we're forced to turn on the heat at the cost of our children's college education.
Turns out with a baby that's not the best game to play. So we folded about a month early this year, and the Hubs turned the furnace on last night. The TV is still on because my fingers are numb, but Newbie and I are hovering around the furnace until we depart for the mall in a couple hours.
Today we're taking on Operation: Find This Baby Some Cute Clothes.
Have mercy.
We have his 6 month pictures coming up (WHAAAT?!?!) And I have had to scrap Outfit Plan A due to my procrastination and Old Navy's in stock time line. Rats. And let me tell you something, for every 1,000,000 baby girl outfits there are only 16 baby boy outfits, so its just flat out slim pickin's 'round these parts.
So now I'm all "what am I gonna do?" and we're hitting up the mall with my bestie today in hopes of finding a cute outfit. I'm thinking if all else fails, we'll just toss him into a diaper and stick a fun knit hat on him, because honestly, he's cute no matter which way ya slice it. Unless I can talk the Hubs into those leg warmers from my last post.
Because oh. my. cute.
Can't you just picture it: diaper/onesie, bright striped leg warmers, and a crazy little ear flap hat? Isn't that just the picture of cute? Or am I just deranged in the style department? Don't answer that.
I feel like I had something else to blog about this morning, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Probably because my brain is full of thoughts about what colored outfits will look best hung up in a frame on my living room wall....or the wall in our den....or in the grandparents' Christmas calendar....
I'm telling you, the INTENSITY is insane.
I have to go shop. Be back later with a full report of our findings. And I have to find Newbie some mittens and exchange his new Robeez for a smaller size. Don't let me forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment