Friday, September 17, 2010

Better than Oreo Blizzard good

Hello from a groggy state of "I should be in bed already but I have GOT to share this with you because it is just SO GOOD".

I mean better than Oreo Blizzard good, people!

Here's the scoop: I inherited a fabulous aunt and uncle when I married the Hubs and also acquired a trio of spunky cousins. The Hubs and I love this bunch, and we were so excited to find out they have decided to enter on a journey to adopt a sweet little girl from Ethiopia! I would tell you all about it, but my aunt Kristi does a much better job explaining their story. If you're interested in reading about their adoption journey, click here. You're in for a real treat following the story of a family committed to answering God's call to care for orphans.

For those of you who aren't really fans of the "click here" plan, here are a few statistics explaining why our aunt and uncle chose to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia:

* There are 5 million orphans in Ethiopia
* One in fifteen children die before their first birthday
* 60% of children in Ethiopia are stunted because of malnutrition
* More than 1/2 the children in Ethiopia will never attend school

That small picture of the challenges children in Ethiopia face broke my heart. It made me want to do something-anything-to make a difference in the lives of those children.

And then I found out that my aunt and uncle made some t-shirts. Cute t-shirts that will support their adoption of our cousin-to-be and help bring one sweet little girl from Ethiopia to a new home.

So I'm getting one, and so is the Hubs. And if they come in extra extra extra small, so are Newbie and Opie. =)


If you're interested in helping support our aunt and uncle in adopting their little one, please consider snagging one of these t-shirts!

Here's Kristi with info on the shirts:
"We're so excited to give our family and friends a chance to support our adoption journey and get a fabulous t-shirt in return! So all you need to do is email us at adoptionshirts@gmail.com and let us know the shirt color - blue or gray - and size(s) you want. They're available in Youth XS-XL ($15.00 donation) and Adult S-XXL ($20.00 donation). Thank you so much for supporting our family's journey to bring our little one home!"

If you're a little shy and would like to go through me, you can email me at sprinklesandwrinkles@gmail.com and I will get your order to them. ...I was always the shy one in school, so I hear ya. =)

I love witnessing stories of people following God's heart for orphaned children, and I am so excited to see how God paves the way for this little girl to come home to her family. Thank you so much for your support and for praying along side us as we share in this adoption journey with our extended family!

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18

I don't know about you, but I feel like rocking some blue cotton this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment