Friday, September 3, 2010

The Family Circus

Somebody water the elephants.

Yesterday

the dog ate a diaper

there was no vacuum cleaner

Newbie didn't nap

the Hubs was MIA in a field somewhere north

there was nothing good on TLC

there was a lot of spit-up

I did not have my coffee

I cried all my mascara off. Twice.

and a tree fell on our only car.

But the good news is

we had Pizza Hut for dinner.

and the Hubs took the night shift so I could sleep through the night.

and I went to bed at 10.

and the Hubs has some fantastic looking, and consequently useful, biceps that whisked the tree off the car just in time for work.

and today is a new day.

We're gonna set this circus down, break out the hot dog roasters and marshmallows and power through to a fabulous Labor Day weekend.

Onward march!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, me - Oh, my - What it takes to make a girl cry!
    Atta girl, chin up, eyes dried, marching on -
    Thank heavens every day isn't a ride on the tilt-a-whirl!!
    Hug your baby, squeeze your hubby, before you know you'll be all bubbly.
    Wishing you better days ahead - Love ya'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sweethert, Days like this one bring back so many memories. One day you will look back, read this account and smile, wondering just how you managed to cope and rise the next morning ready for whatever would lie ahead! Ready to meet the challenge! It does happen and the time just flies.

    ReplyDelete