
Y'all, I am hanging on for dear life trying to keep up with these monthly updates...I still have "3 Months" sitting around on this computer somewhere....
That being said, we're 9 days late and one USB cable away from pictures, but here it is- my self indulgent monthly post where I gush over my little man and all his new tricks. =)
Newbie is 5 months old!

Dear Newbie,
I can't believe you're 5 months old already! I couldn't believe when you were 4 weeks old. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4....but FIVE?!?!! How did we get to 5 months so fast?! You are such a quickly growing little man...I can't believe all the things you can do now!

*One of the things Daddy and I love SO MUCH is how attentive and interactive you are now. You LOVE to watch what's going on around you! You make faces and laugh and smile and frown at everything. We adore watching your reaction to your environment! You still loooove watching Opie and Griffin, and you are such a little outdoorsman! When I take you outside you just look and look and look at all the leaves and flowers and trees. You can't get enough of being outside!
*You are still eating EVERYTHING. When we are on a walk and you grab a leaf, I have to be quick quick quick or it is in your mouth just like everything else! This really freaks Mama out because I just can't keep you away from any and everything popping right into that little mouth of yours. I'm trying to embrace the "God made dirt and dirt won't hurt" mantra. =)
*You have such fun playing with your toys...you are grabbing toys like crazy- even spinning around on your belly to pick the one you want! You love those stuffed puppy dogs and you like all the teethers you have that are mushy and feel funny in your mouth.
*You are standing and bouncing like a maniac! You wear me out just about every day with all the stretching and standing and bouncing. You are still a wonderful cuddler when you're sleepy- but most of the day you are just go go go! We put you in your exersaucer for the first time today and IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. You went bonkers grabbing at all the toys and spinning in the seat. You were bouncing and kicking-having such fun! I think that might be your new favorite place until you start to want to crawl around the house. =)
*You are SO talkative! I LOVE your voice. You squeal and giggle and chuckle and squeak and scream and coo and I'm pretty sure you said "mamamamamMAMAMAMAMAMAMA!" a few times last week, but I might have just imagined it. =) You can get so loud that most of the time Daddy and I can't hear each other talking- I think you've even out-yelled Opie! We love hearing your voice- we wouldn't trade it for anything. =) You get most of your talking done when we are outside on walks. You just talk and talk and talk the entire time. It is so fun to hear you. Sometimes when we are at home you'll just start talking like crazy out of the blue. I like to have conversations with you!

*You are such a belly laugher- but you really make us work for it! Something that is funny one day is not always funny the next. It is so fun to try and make you laugh...you make me feel so silly when you just stare at me like I'm nuts-O when you don't think I'm funny. But I keep trying anyway because it is worth every bit of pride lost when you finally get tickled and laugh all the way from your toes to your sweet little mouth! I just love hearing you laugh. I hope you always enjoy a good laugh. It makes life so much better. =)
*You love to read. You look at the pictures in books, and you love to hear familiar voices reading your stories. Daddy has a special book I bought for you two called Bear Snores On. He's the best at reading it because he does lots of different voices. And not everybody knows it, but the animals in Brown Bear, Brown Bear each have a different accent from all around the world. Mama just found that out today when she got tired of reading the same lines over and over. It was a good opportunity to practice some the accents she wishes she had. =)

*You are really getting attached to your mama and daddy! You've started picking up on where we are and who we're with, and you get overwhelmed easily if you're surrounded by lots of people. Kind of like Opie. =) hehe. You are starting in on the whole separation anxiety thing- when I had to take Daddy to the doctor last weekend and we left you with G-Daddy and your aunt and uncle, you cried and cried and wouldn't eat much. It just broke my heart! The doctor told us at your 4 month appointment that this would start to happen and would go away after a good number of months. I think I'm just going to enjoy you being a mama's boy while I can! =)
*You have some favorite lullabies that I sing to you at night when I rock you before bed. You just calm right down and listen while you grab my face or stroke your blankie. It is the sweetest thing. You like "His Love is Deep," "Precious Child," "Amazing Grace," "Deep and Wide," "How He Loves Us," and "Better is One Day." When its taking an especially long time getting you to close those little eyes for bed, I break out some of the country songs my daddy used to sing to me and your auntie. That repertoire includes "The Chair," "Deeper than the Holler," "Louisiana Nights," "Amarillo By Mornin'," and "Country Bumpkin" among others.
*You are a master at rolling over now. So good, in fact, that when I wake up in the morning and look at you in your crib, you've at least done a 180 overnight. Your head will be at the opposite end of the crib from where you started, or you'll be wedged sideways across it- you are such a little wiggle worm- even when you sleep!
*Just this week you started spending the night in your own room. Mama is a wimp and camped out in there to help

*You LOVE your rice cereal! You eat about three 1/4 cup servings a day- usually around breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I think it helps fill that little belly of yours, and you are such a champ at munching that stuff down now! You like to taste your fingers while you eat, but you've gotten better about not blowing raspberries while you munch...I wonder how long that will last!
*You still love to sing, and we love to hear you! You will sing and sing and sing at 4 o'clock in the morning. Then you will talk to yourself for a while and fall back to sleep an hour later. It is the sweetest and funniest little quirk-Daddy and me just love it!
We love you so SO much, sweet little boy! You are getting bigger everyday, and I just can't believe how much time has gone by since your birthday. You are so very special to Daddy and me- you are the sunshine in every single one of our days! We just can't get enough of you! We are excited to see God's plan unfold for your life- we know He has a plan and a purpose for you, and we feel so blessed that He has entrusted you to us! You are such a treasure- we love you forever!!!
Love love love,
Mama






What wonderful 5 month birthday photos of Newbie!!! He is quite the fashionable little guy. It is noted that his blue socks match his blue outfit which matches his beautiful blue eyes!! I love him so much!!
ReplyDeleteMutte