Saturday, September 4, 2010

We are ready for some football.

Let me tell you something: I LOVE a good pair of slippers and a good reason to wear them.

This morning I am chillin' in my velour suit, (you better believe it has made it's seasonal comeback BABY!) and I have donned my sweater-slipper-muck-lucks. Sweet goodness. I'm pretty sure there are about 26 fashion code violations going on here, but I have no pride.

As evidenced by the fact that I ate a sticky bun the size of my son's head for breakfast.

You better believe that happened. We swung by the local coffee shop and picked up the world's best breakfast before heading back to G-Mama and G-Daddy's where Newbie dug into some rice cereal and the rest of us packed about a thousand calories onto our hips.

We're gearing up for some serious football today. When it comes to football, my family doesn't mess around. We have a line up that began at 9 and continues til about midnight tonight. I'm good for about four hours of accumulative football before I go batty and have to do something girly for fear it will be me sitting there with the men yelling at the TV in the same stale sweatshirt for 12 straight hours if I'm not careful.

Today marks Newbie's first family football experience. Last night he was initiated.

(you're going to have to forgive the sketchy photo editing on Newbie's eyes in that one...the camera made them freakishly red so I went into Paint and plopped a couple black circles on his pupils. Yes. I. Did. I'm nothing if not resourceful.)




Bless his little heart. All I could do was kiss his brow and promise that it will all be over in January.

Have a super football Saturday!

1 comment: