Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Day in the Life

At the end of the day when the Hubs comes home, I look around the house and wonder what on earth I did all day and how can it possibly be 5:30 already and how does everyone feel about a little frozen pizza for dinner?

I mean, seriously. The days just FLY by. And it isn't because I'm busy catching up on television shows involving a man running after a girl through the NYC Museum of Natural History singing songs similar to those I made up while playing in my backyard when I was four years old. FOUR. I think one of mine went something like this:

"I want Pizza Hut!
PIZZA HUT!
I want Pizza Hut at NINE O'CLOCK!"

I know this to be true because it was caught on home video. But the point is, my song sounded better than his and I was four and mine was about pizza. I mean, really? Really?!?

But none of that matters because I don't watch shows like that anyway. Because what kind of crazy gets a tattoo for a girl when he still has to beat out 10 other guys?!?

But I don't watch that stuff anyway...

My day flies by because it is a tornado of diapers and feedings and playing and snuggling and laughing and cooing.

We start our day off with breakfast, and then Newbie does this:

We have to put slippers on his feet because the A.C. unit is blasting a snow storm in the living room due to the fact that Mama's postpartum hormones are giving her hot flashes like summertime in the Gobi desert. I know all about the Gobi desert because I did a ridiculous HyperStudio presentation on it when I was in the eighth grade. It took up about 5 months of my life. So trust me, it is hot there. Very hot. These adorable slippers are from his Aunt P. We love the Texas Longhorns. And we love Aunt P. She is going to be here next Tuesday for the wedding! Woohoo!

After sleeping and getting some slippers Newbie does this:

And then we change his diaper...where he really likes to ham it up while I talk to him.


Then I poke him and pinch him and squeeze him because he is just so stinking cute.

Then he sleeps some more. Then he nurses and plays under his Rainforest gym where his eyes light up and he laughs and giggles and talks to all the animals his daddy has named for him. I can't remember the names. So I just call them his "friends". Technical, I know.

After he plays for a while, he snoozes.

And on a good day, during his afternoon snooze I kick myself in the butt and do something productive. This was yesterday:

The thing is, being productive is rare. And since I can't seem to get Jillian Micheals to visit, kicking myself in the butt is rare too. I much prefer to blog or watch some lame daytime television while Newbie snoozes. Laundry is overrated anyway.

Then Newbie wakes up and eats around 5 and his daddy, OUR HERO, comes home and takes over. Daddy plays with Newbie or makes dinner depending on whether I need a break from diapers or if I want to just schnuggle with my baby while my Stud whips up some BBQ on the grill. The Hubs is a champ.

After dinner the three of us snuggle on the couch or go for a walk or double team bath time for Newbie or catch some Planet Earth while putting away laundry. Sometimes we even get real crazy and go get groceries together. Have I mentioned the Hubs is a champ?

It's a sweet life.

Now off to schnuggle my baby boy...he's looking up at me from his bouncer with those baby blues blowing bubbles and cooing at me...I don't think it gets any better than this. =)



PS-Since when can my baby do this?!?

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say that your son gets cuter every day? And woah, is he ever chunking out and looking like a little boy! Not just a newborn! He is official a baby in my book :)AND i'm about dying over here looking at him holding his head up and sporting some plaid shorts. CUTE.

    ReplyDelete