Monday, June 14, 2010

Diary of a MOHO: Freak Out Edition

So...

the wedding is 11 days away.

That means everyone is freaking out.

Because we only have 11 days left.

I think I'm struggling with some postpartum hormones because when my sister walked in the kitchen today, I just started crying. Crying. Because I am so excited for her and happy for her and because I wish I had bought a king sized bed when I was getting married like she did because the Hubs and I have fought over mattress real estate every night for the past two and a half years.

Then the bride looked at me like I was a psycho.

That's when I started crying even harder because I noticed the nice tan she's acquired in the last four weeks of summer, and I had to take a moment to mourn my pasty complexion.

Then we got down to business.

Today was table assignment day. We set up the seating plan for the wedding, then we talked about center pieces and place cards and table numbers.


While we were at work, Griffin, my parents' 100 something pound puppy looked after Newbie. Does he so look like Nana from Peter Pan, or am I just some kind of Disney freak with serious issues???

Now the tables are ready to roll. Next on the list is about a bajillion other things. I'm looking forward to it because it means Newbie and I will have something more productive to do than sit on the couch and get caught up on lame summer television shows.

Yes, there is much to do, including another trip to the zoo this week. This time we're bringing a stop watch. Also on the agenda are some place cards, some programs, and several batches of cookies. I can't wait! AND Saturday night is the bachelorette party. I can't even tell you how much neon pink I have stashed away in my upstairs closet. Streamers, plates, napkins, decor...it's going to be a good time!

OK. Back to the freaking out. We only have 11 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment