Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thoughts from the Garden...Alternately Titled: I think my foot might fall off

Oh my goodness. Please pass the Motrin. I spent three hours working in the yard today and ohmyachingback! I raked, I yelled at Opie for eating wood chips,I weeded, I planted, I yelled at Opie for eating the picnic table, I transferred, I yelled at Opie for eating the random mushroom growing on the picnic table, I watered. I considered taking a post partum sized dose of 800 milligram Motrin on account of my sunburn and my sore sore sore everything, but I kept it to the regular 400 mg. because I decided to be a tough guy.

Today Newbie's Grandma came over to babysit for me while I spent the afternoon in the sunshine working on my flowerbeds which haven't been touched since this time last year. Newbie played and then slept like a baby (ha!) while I got for real in the backyard.

A few thoughts from the garden:

*Note to self: Plant a real garden. It will be so much cooler than just flower beds.

*Do earwigs bite? There was an army of them camping out in the three Day Lillies I transferred, and those pinchers look like they could do some serious damage.

*Spiders are so gross.

*Note to self: Next year, split the Day Lillies before they grow taller than you are. It will probably make the whole process a lot easier. Just sayin'.

*Do the Round-Up people really mean it when they say not to plant any new plants for two to six days after spraying the weeds? Because if so, Oops.

*Do the Preen people really mean it when they say the weed preventer could be harmful if it comes in contact with the skin? Because if so, I may not have a foot when I wake up in the morning.

*Why is Arrested Development so funny? Not a thought from the garden, but still relevant, because seriously, could Gob be any funnier? I laugh just looking at his segway.

In the past two months, I have learned the beauty of grandparents. Gosh, they are awesome. My little family is so blessed to live so close to Newbie's grandparents. We sure do love getting to spend time with them...and reaping the benefits of their love of free babysitting. =) Thanks to Grandma for coming out today and letting me take on the beast of a jungle that was my flower bed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, what a relief.....that Cindy was the babysitter.....am I dense or what?! I didn't put two and two together. Perfect babysitter!
    LOL
    Your garden is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete