First on the hit list was a trip to the beach on Saturday. Tourist who?


The Hubs went for a dip in the 50-something degree water

This is as far as I got in...

...until the Hubs popped up out of the lake saying he lost his sunglasses in the water. This would be his second pair of lost sunglasses in a year. Don't get me started on his watches. There are at least two floating around in the Caribbean after our cruise last fall. Anyway, par for the course, he lost his glasses. That's when I demonstrated my undying love for him by marching out into the arctic freeze and searching for those stupid glasses until we found them. I am sure to get osteoporosis 30 years sooner than I would have had I not subjected my joints to that hypothermic lake. Aye. Caramaba. COLD.
After our beach day, we went and saw Robin Hood which made us both want to walk around in burlap sacks, never bathe, and ride horses all day through the Sherwood Forest.
Sunday was another beautiful sunny day. The Hubs and I scooped Newbie up and trucked him out to my in-laws house. The Hubs mowed while Newbie napped and I sat out in the sun reading....The Help. Yes, I am still reading The Help. Yes, I started reading it last summer. Yikes.
After a day out in the sun, we went home and Newbie tried out his swing for the first time before we all sat down to watch The Patriot in honor of Memorial Day, which made us want to wear Yankee Doodle hats, practice calligraphy, and ride around on horses all day through the original 13 colonies.

Monday was a day of ambitions. A parade, a shopping trip, a golf outing...but we woke up to torrential rain, so the parade was a no-go. There was a river flowing down our street, and we considered taking a canoe rather than the car, but we couldn't figure out how to install the car seat in the canoe, and I'm a stickler for correct car seat installation, thus we stuck with the car. That was a long lame joke. Where is my coffee?
We forfeited the parade, and Mom and I took Newbie along for a dress fitting for the wedding, where he met the two precious girls I nannied for. Oh. My. CUTE.

Then we hit the mall where Mom treated me to (drum roll please) a new swimsuit. We both snagged one for 50% off and it was (surprise!) a relatively painless experience. I would never have thought post-baby swimsuit shopping could be fun, but we had a good time. I wish I could tell you the hullabaloo that ensued when we shoved Newbie's stroller into a three by four foot dressing room and the two of us squooshed in behind him for our swimsuit extravaganza, but there just isn't enough blog space in the world to contain the insanity.
While Mom and I were living it up on our shopping spree, the Hubs was out playing golf with mi padre y mi hermano. (I used to speak Spanish relatively well after taking several semesters in college, but now all I've got is "padre" and "hermano". Oh, and "un refresco(ca??), por favor." Translation: "a drink, please". ...at least I think that's what it means.) The menfolk had a good time and didn't get rained out until they closed the doors to their car while leaving the course, at which point they claim the Heavens opened up and monsooned on them.
To wrap up the day, I took a wicked-awesome long nap Monday night AND THEN Newbie slept for SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT over night. HALLELUJAH! We are so excited that our little man is sleeping for such a long stretch- it sure makes the next day an easier go!
After such a fun-filled weekend I have so many things to do today that I probably won't do, but just in case I decide to do them, I better get going. There is a lot of laundry to be done and several groceries to be purchased...and probably a good chunk of blogs to read...
No comments:
Post a Comment