All I can say is:
the relatives came.
It is like a living, breathing rendition of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation over here. Except it'd be called National Lampoon's Summer Wedding Vacation because hokey pete is there some wedding stuff happening. We are swamped in animal print programs, place cards, and favors.
A few "Thursday before the wedding" thoughts:
I got my hair did yesterday.
Newbie woke up at 5:45 this morning, just long enough to wake me past the point of sleep before he zonked out for another hour and a half. Sweet.
The fam is at the flea market today with the bride and groom while I stay home with Newbie being all kinds of productive. You know, like blogging and showering and catching up on the book I'm reading which I'm pretty sure is about to take a turn for the worse because the dad in the book is looking frail and weak and come on, Nicholas Sparks, really?? Why does somebody always have to kick the bucket in your books? That is why I don't read them. Why I let myself get sucked in again, I don't know. I'm blaming it on toast-writing procrastination and the fact that The Last Song was the nearest book on the table when I sat down to work on my toast last week. Bah.
I'm living at my mom and dad's this week because I got tired of driving to and from their house the first day our company came...getting as much time in as I can with our family from Texas before everyone leaves town next week.
My toes look awesome. Wedding week pedicures are the best.
Somebody tie me down and make me write this toast. Please.
Also, what am I going to do with my hair on Saturday?
And why am I so good at procrastinating?
On that note, I have to call the press today and try to pitch the wedding to them, hoping they'll put the wedding on the news since its the first one at our local zoo. Which reminds me, who is "the press" and what is their phone number? Ayuda me, por favor, because I have no idea how to contact "the press" nor do I know why the heck I signed up for that job in the first place. Oops.
Oh gosh. I feel a panic attack coming on. I have to go get busy. I guess I can't sit around in my pj's all day blogging with "the press" to contact and all.
But seriously, what is their phone number?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletehope you can find the number! I had to call a few weeks ago about a garage sale ad that wouoldn't work & it took forever to find out how to contact them! Why they make it so difficult, I'll never know!
ReplyDeleteHope you and Newbie are enjoying your time with the Texas family! :) Have fun this weekend!
ReplyDelete