Family was in town, the air was thick with anticipation, and the wedding celebration began.
My mom is a killer chef and she whipped out an entire cow worth of her legendary fajitas Thursday night for all the family that was in from out of town. Newbie lived it up out on the deck while we partied hard to the rhythm of pico de gallo and a T-minus 48 hour countdown.
I don't want to say Newbie stole the show; but Newbie stole the show.





Then the real fun began. Friday morning we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to tie up all the loose ends before the big day. If you've never run around like a chicken with your head cut off, I wouldn't recommend it. Chickens have it a little rough. And so did we. One way or another everything got done, thanks to my mother who is not nearly the procrastinator that I am. This was also the day I secured the presence of the press...something I was asked to do in October. What can I say? In high school I waited until the night before to write 7 page papers. Some things never change. I thrive under pressure.
Friday night we gathered at the zoo for the rehearsal. All I can say is: ANIMAL PRINT. I never thought I'd sign up to wear a zebra print shirt. But it happened. And I wasn't the only one sporting the African safari look. All sorts of animals came out to play:







How cute are these flower girls? If you're "aww"ing now, just wait until you see them in their dresses at the wedding- it will melt your heart. The other little sweetie didn't stay for dinner, so I don't have pics of her, but she'll be in the pictures to follow from the big day. And yes, these girls get their very own line up of pics because if I had my choice of two more little sisters- these would be them. Love love love these little girls...




More on the wedding is in the works...Y'all come back now, ya hear?!
No comments:
Post a Comment