Thursday, June 17, 2010

Soakin' Up the Sun...or Not

Today it is sunny for the first time in a long line of rainy days, so Newbie and I ventured out amidst the wedding planning to catch a few rays.

We left a pile of party planning behind to meet up with L and her kiddos at the park before they went to play at the Splash Pad. Oh, I looove the Splash Pad. Can't wait to see Newbie run through the sprinklers at the Splash Pad someday. But today we settled for a bench in the shade.


L is my go-to babysitter at the wedding, so she practiced holding Newbie for a while...it's a tough job.

I didn't get any pics of her sweet not-so-little anymore little girl because I am lame and only snapped a few pictures before I tossed my camera in the stroller to focus on squeezing in as much adult conversation time as I could before it was time to part ways and head home.

Newbie's hat is still way too big. Which makes this mama pretty happy because he's just been growing growing growing through all of his clothes. I like that his 0-3 month beach hat still fits him. =)

Despite the large shady hat, we didn't last long. Newbie was tired and even though there was a nice breeze, he was getting a little warm and cranky. So we packed up the stroller and went home after a grand total of about...drum roll please...20 minutes. At home he slept like a log and we went with Plan B...pitching a tent in the backyard so Mama could try and snatch at least a sunburn before the wedding next weekend.

As experienced mothers, unlike myself, may have guessed, this lasted all of about five minutes before he woke up, cried, and I hauled everything back inside to live out the rest of our afternoon in the air conditioning and bug free environment.

Ah, well. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment