Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Monday

Wow. Another Monday already.

Newbie made a startling comeback from his cranky afternoon yesterday by sleeping for 7 ½ hours last night. Needless to say, we’ve fully recovered. It didn’t even require a dose of DQ Oreo Blizzard. Score. And I didn’t even freak out about him sleeping ½ an hour over the recommended sleep time for his age. Because I was just that tired.

On that note, let’s talk about the freak outs. Gosh. With a kid, there are so many reasons to freak out. “ Oh, no! The swaddle is too close to his face! Hokey Pete! That binky fell on the floor; don’t put it in his mouth! Shoot! The book and the doctor say to only let him sleep for three hours and he just slept for 3 hours and 2 minutes…gaaaahhhh!!!” This has seriously been the insanity of my thought process for the past two months. Somebody please get me a sedative.

I was such a spaz before (which I attribute to all the Rescue 9-1-1 and Unsolved Mysteries episodes I watched as a kid) and now that Newbie is here, my crazy is amplified to heights way off the charts. I don’t know how the Hubs sleeps at night being married to this. Really. I’m surprised he doesn’t have a tranquilizer gun shoved in his back pocket to pull out on me when I start having a spaz attack. On second thought, maybe he does, and that’s why I slept so well last night. It’s hard to say…

Each day that Newbie gets older and heftier, I get a little less freaky. But who knows. The crazy could all come back in an instant. All it would take is a dirty binky to throw me over the edge again.
Like I said, somebody get this lady a sedative. You’re all thinking it. Let’s just get it out there and call a duck a duck, folks. Crazy lady on the premises.

Anyway, all of that to say, I didn’t freak out this morning when Newbie slept a little longer than usual because we could all use a little extra sleep sometimes and for crying out loud it is hard to follow all the rules.
We were bushwhacked after a busy weekend. Saturday Newbie and I hit the mall with my mom for some wedding attire because word on the street is the bride doesn’t want me wearing sweatpants at the rehearsal dinner. Who knew? And for the record, post partum shopping is not fun, and why can’t everything have elastic waist bands? We only meant to be out for a couple hours, but when Mom and I say we will be out for a couple hours shopping, the correct translation is “We will be out for 19 hours shopping.” Don’t ask me how well that works out when you are nursing a two month old, because the answer is, that dressing room saw more than it ever signed up to see. TMI? Sorry. But that’s kinda what I’m here for.

Newbie rocked his plaid shorts at the mall:
Wow. Not a flattering pic for either of us, but that's what I'm stuck with because I have a picture-taking disorder called "I just haven't been taking them."

After shopping Saturday passed, Sunday hit and we had such a fun day. The Hubs’ side of the family threw a double shower for me and my sister, and we had a blast. The Hubs’ family has been so generous in welcoming me and all my crazy into their side of the family, and I am forever grateful for it since all of my family is down in the south land. It’s nice to have family close by, and we had a lot of fun seeing everyone Sunday afternoon. The shower was filled with DELICIOUS food in a gorgeous home, and Newbie walked away with some serious damage. The guy got so many clothes and toys that I commissioned the Hubs to put in an extra bedroom upstairs to hold it all. Not really. But I would like an extra bedroom. Except I wouldn’t make it a bedroom. I would make it a project room where I could pursue all my hobbies like scrapbooking and eating DQ blizzards and watching American Idol. It would be the room of champions.

Newbie is having a blast today with all his new stuff. He got a ton of toys, including a floor gym, which I am grateful for, because I was beginning to wonder what would become of my son if all he had to stare at was the ceiling fan for the first 6 months of his life. So now he can lie on the mat and talk to all his rainforest friends. So fun. And he has a stash of summer clothes that will keep him looking sharp for the next few months. This is a plus, seeing as how he has been sprouting out of all the onesies he has because he is just growing growing growing. I can’t slow the kid down! Thanks to everyone at the super sweet shower! Newbie and I had a great time! =)

We are off to make plans for the week. I’ve got a list of play dates I need to make happen, and I am way behind in getting it done. Call me lazy. Because I am. It’s just a long walk to the calendar to see what days are free. Just kidding. But not really. So we’re kicking into high gear and getting some things on the calendar. Heaven knows that is going to take a lot out of me, so I better get to it. Y’all have a marvelous Monday, and I’ll be back with more pictures after I conquer the calendar and a couple loads of laundry.

1 comment:

  1. You Mutte sent me the link to your blog!! What a cutie!!! Enjoy every minute - I swear Ethan was just born and now he's going to college - course I could say the same about you!!! Love to all!!!!

    ReplyDelete