Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The One with the Wandering Kibble

This morning I woke up looking forward to a warm cup of coffee, and when I poured the half and half into my mug, IT WAS CHUNKY. Gross. It doesn't even expire until Thursday. What the what?!?

Today we're going to try and do life without coffee. Ugg. We do have an exciting event planned, however. Newbie and I are making our first unofficial trip to the zoo today with my bestie and her kiddos. Newbie has been to the zoo several times to scope out wedding stuff, but we have yet to mingle with the commoners and observe the wildlife. So today is our day. I'm bringing the camera.

In other news, Mom and I found an ensemble for the rehearsal dinner that does not involve any kind of post-partum elastic waistband. Three cheers! I also got a frozen strawberry lemonade while we were at the mall, and I can testify that it is well worth the three dollars and something cents. Yum.

There has been some suspicious activity in the den this morning. When I sat down at the computer I spied a piece of dog food. Under the desk. Three rooms away from the dog food bowl. In a place beyond Opie's quarantined area. In other words, Opie didn't do it.

Now there are a few theories.

A) The Hubs somehow got it stuck to his sock while walking through the kitchen and it fell off said sock when he sat down at the computer last night. I'm OK with this possibility.

B) The Hubs' friends who were over last night got it stuck on one of their socks while walking through the kitchen and it fell off said sock when he sat down at the computer last night. I'm also OK with this possibility.

C) A mouse carried the piece of food from the kitchen and dropped it on his way back to the hole by the furnace. OH. MY. LANTA. I am SO NOT OK with this possibility!

When the Hubs was a bachelor living here, I would find all kinds of stray food and wrappers that made their way through the den leading to a hole in the floor behind the furnace. One time I even found a Hershey kiss shoved half way in the hole. Not even kidding. That was the last time I set out Valentine candy in a dish at my boyfriend's house. Eww.

But the thing is, now I live here. And I have put up with enough from Chet the squirrel this year. I am not in any condition to house a Gus-Gus right now. So I'll be interrogating the menfolk as to their whereabouts last night in hopes of establishing option A or option B as the probable explanation for the wandering piece of kibble. Heaven help me if they never ventured to the computer from the kitchen where Opie's food bowl is because that means I will have to declare full out war on the mice. Its been done before, and it wasn't pretty.

Commencing investigation...

No comments:

Post a Comment