Friday, June 4, 2010

[insert graduation song here]

Last night we went to my brother's graduation.

OK, so he's not my brother. Not really.

But he is.

My dad started tutoring Bug Man when he was a little tiny first grader. And then as he went on to middle school, my dad continued to hang out with him through the Big Brother program. And so (Did I just type "and so"??? I am ashamed. That sound you hear is my English degree weeping.)he's been around for a while. Like, 12 years. So he's a part of the family.

And over the course of 12 years I think he gained like, 20 feet in height. Because this guy is tall.

And he's always smiling. Always. Always. Always.

Infectious joy. I love it. And him.

Last night we gathered with his family and friends to celebrate his hard-earned high school graduation.

Even Newbie made it to the extravaganza.


Newbie and I spent about half of the graduation out of the room eating or crying or changing diapers, but we made it back in just in time to see Bug Man grab his diploma.



We had a blast. And I am SO PROUD of our Bug Man.

We love you, Bug Man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment