Thursday, September 23, 2010

Don't judge me.

Newbie and I had a camp out in his nursery last night. "Camp out" meaning he slept in his crib for the first time through the night, and I slept on an air mattress on the floor because I'm breaking all my own rules. Like the rule I made determined to have him sleep in his own room and not in mine. He's been in our room since April, which was justified in the beginning due to a lack of air conditioning in any room but ours upstairs, but has only recently been justified by my attachment issues and how much I love hearing his little coos at 4:30 in the morning when he's been known to wake up and sing to himself for a good hour before falling back to sleep.

Before you have kids, you are the perfect parent.

Then you have kids and you're that mom you swore you'd never be.

You know the one. The one who has her 5 month old baby sleeping in a pack-n-play in her room.

That one.

Don't judge me.

Stop it.

He's just so cute.

And cuddly.

And deliciously snuggly right before he falls asleep.

Since we've been at G-mama's forever, I figured he's already off his routine, so we'd make the switch. Which was really convenient because I wasn't too thrilled about hopping into bed with the Hubs since I'm a little gun shy over his recent scrapple with it-that-must-not-be-named.

Newbie did awesome. And I begged him to please let Mama sleep in his room forever because he is just so sweet and cute all curled up in that big boy bed. That's when he told me to put on my big girl panties and go sleep in my own room. So I think I will. Tomorrow.

In other news, we're still staring a mountain of "needs to be washed on hot" laundry in the face, but other than that, things are taking a turn for the healthy around here. Praise the Lord! This lady needs a break, and I am so incredibly grateful to be getting one today.

We have large ambitions of sitting on the couch, going to the MIL and FIL's for dinner with Pug Mama and Pug Papa and assembling the 3-Tier Shoe Shelf.

The 3-Tier Shoe Shelf has changed the face of my mudroom.

Attractive? No way.

Effective? Absolutely.

Long ago, circa fall 2009, I gave up on coordinating my home and making things look all matchy-matchy. I bought a coat rack at IKEA and planted it smack-dab in the corner of my dining room because that's where it was most functional.

The decision to move on and release all matchy-matchy ambitions to the universe also helped me feel better about the three different stains of wood in my dining room because OH MY FAKE WOOD GRAIN IN THREE VARIETIES.

So the 3-Tier Shoe Shelf is just another step in the opposite direction of Pottery Barn. Which is OK with me. Because now the Hubs won't be tripping on any more pink shoes, and I won't have to worry about digging through a pile of mis-matched flats on my way out the door to church, and it really completes the chaos of the room that houses an unlikely combination of shoes, laundry, strollers, dog leashes, and the occasional college textbook that we can't bring ourselves to throw away, because it cost 80 stinking dollars back in '07. Win. Win. WIN.

How did we get onto the shoe shelf? Ah, yes. Today's grand ambitions.

I'd also like to add a rotisserie chicken sandwich to that list. Because when you have a 5 month old who is rearing and ready to rock and roll ALL DAY LONG, carving out the time to make a rotisserie chicken is a seriously large ambition.

I wish I could post new pictures of my sweet little 5 month old, but I can't find my camera cord. If it ain't one thing, it's another. It's probably buried in the mess of Lands End totes and laundry baskets from G-mama's house that never made it past the bedroom door when we got home last night. I'll get to it one of these days. In the meantime, here's one I dug up from the Hubs' bed ridden days last week:

Here's wishing you and yours conquer all your grand ambitions for the day!

2 comments:

  1. My ambitions for the day include getting outside at least one time with Isaac, taking a shower and helping my little girl gain some more weight. Those seem pretty huge to me today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point he will not want you sleeping on his room so enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete