I won't leave you waiting in suspense. Instead I will just tell you that the Hubs got two deer and as the result of some poor negotiating on my part, we'll be mounting one set of antlers in our den, as it will be the first buck the Hubs has nailed since we started dating. I thought it deserved some kind of acknowledgement. But now I'm kinda regretting my promise to hang the first set of antlers he got his hands on above the TV. I mean, really? REALLY?!? Looks like we're just keepin' it classy around here.
While the Hubs was out with his buddies shooting the breeze and shooting the Bambi, I attacked my mom's basement full of 30 years worth of Christmas decor and left no prisoners. Three hours and 9 new red and green Sterlite tubs later, the Christmas stash was sorted and organized, the local Goodwill accumulated a plethora of nostalgic 1990's Christmas guest towels, and me and the Corndog made it out of there like bandits, hauling a good bucket full of Christmas decorations we grew up with that my mom didn't want. WIN. WIN. WIN.
Also, will someone please throw a cheesy Christmas sweater party? Because I have some SERIOUS material in that department.
Over the course of the weekend, Newbie has gotten better at sleeping through the night, though we aren't there yet. Slow and steady, slow and steady. His smile also grew by leaps and bounds. He is such a happy boy! And he has got to be just days away from crawling. His new trick is to push up on his arms while lying on his belly and then pushing himself up on his tip toes. It is incredibly impressive. I can tell you one thing, his mama sure as heck can't do that. Another thing I can't do is choke down green peas. That's one thing Newbie did not master this weekend. I can't blame the guy. I am not a fan of the green veggies either. Too bad he can't just chug a cup of Keifer or OJ and call himself nourished for the day like his mama. It's tough being a kid.
I am currently navigating the nightmare that is trying to upload pictures to my blog through another free photo service because I'm too much of a cheap wad to cough up the five bucks it would take to expand my current online album. It is not a good time. Turns out I have uploaded ONE THOUSAND pics to my blog. If I had known that, I would have thrown us a party or at least had an honorary Oreo Blizzard. Now the moment has passed and all I have to show for it is a massive cyber headache. Boo.
Back to Thanksgiving. Because I'm nothing if not all over the board.
Corndog and I managed to crank out a feast without burning the house down. Here is our day in poor-quality photos because it is hard to stay on top of the turkey and take decent pictures at the same time:
HOLD YOUR HORSES THE NEW PICTURE PLAN WORKED!!!!!! And its not a pic from Thanksgiving, but the day after. The Hubs was showing Newbie his first snow. So sweet.
Ok. Back to Thanksgiving....
Aunt Corndog likes to move it move it while she shakes the gravy.
Me ruining the mashed potatoes. I'm serious. They were not good. But I blame the majority of the FAIL on the lack of hand-mixer. The Chopstir just isn't the same as the hand mixer. Noted.
The boys. Too matchy matchy?
Lovin' on the Main Event.
See the posie in Corndog's hair? I whipped out four of those "I'm thankful for you!" posies for the ladies so we all matched. =)
And more...
Get a load of Newbie's Aunt Corndog and my broski...do you think Newbie likes them maybe just a little bit?
Wouldn't it be nice if I could figure out how to flip that picture right side up? Yeah. I can't.
And with that catiewhompus photograph, I will leave you, for it is Newbie's naptime and there is a popcorn tin in the den waiting for me. Of course, there is laundry and vacuuming and baby food making waiting for me too, but I find that the popcorn tin is really what needs me the most right now.
Y'all have a happy Monday!








Congrats on your Thanksgiving accomplishment. It looks fantastic. You would make Martha Stewart proud. Look at that perfectly roasted turkey, looks like Baby boy likes the squash or sweet potatoes too. Stylish aprons made the cooks look mighty fine and those hair dodads are sure cute.
ReplyDeleteSuch clever girls. Kudos to you both.