Monday, November 1, 2010

Rage against the candy corn

Let me begin by saying when I woke up this morning I heard a squeak in the corner of my bedroom.

An hour and 13 minutes have passed, I have had my coffee, I am blogging in my bedroom, and I have heard the squeak at least three times since I came back up here.

Visions of bats and mice and talking millipedes and rabid squirrels are clouding my mind.

Have mercy.

Going to my happy place...

Yesterday Newbie and I got ourselves a Halloween surprise.  We were planning on Trick-or-Treating at G-Mama's house sans the Hubs when we get a call from him saying he was getting out of work early to come Trick-or-Treating with us!  Woohoo! 

All week, despite the Hubs begging on his hands and knees, I have stood by my "No sir.  No way. Newbie is only 6 months old, we can't use him to get candy because he can't even say thank you yet" mantra.  Last night, however, in the face of fun size candy bars in every variety, my resolve crumbled, and I walked around my old neighborhood with my 6 month old on my hip chiding a very enthusiastic "TRICK OR TREAT!" at several door steps. 

I am not proud.

But I am full.

Of Laffy Taffy and Hershey's chocolate and a fair share of Willy Wonka Double Dipped Nerds. 

One of the girls I used to babysit for as a toddler is now THIRTEEN and was the blue lady from Avatar...you know, this chick:

 And GET THIS- she brought her horse with her!   I kid you not. It was such a fun idea!  She spray painted her horse a sparkly silver and rode that sucker up my parents' driveway, hopped off, came up to the door and hollered "Trick or Treat!" and "Thank you!" before hopping back onto the horse and back down the driveway.

The best part was the horse left a little "treat" of her own right smack dab in the middle of the driveway.

What a riot.  Best Halloween costume ever- she looked so cute-, and we were laughing our rear-ends off at the sight of that "treat".

It was one for the books, people.

It sure made me second guess my son's Halloween costume.  I mean, up until I saw the Avatar princess, I thought I was doin' pretty good. 

What he lacked in accessories, he made up for in snuggles and cuddles and cute. =)








 I want to wish a big  
HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY 
to my main man, the Hubs today! 

And with that, I'm outta here.  I've got a little boy who has slept in an hour past his usual wake-up time, and we have a Birthday Daddy to visit up at work today.  We're bringing in a birthday treat.  I can't even begin to tell you the turmoil involved in picking a birthday treat for a guy who works at a health facility.  I am queen of the Funfetti Cake or the Pumpkin Pie or the candy birthday treat.  None of it seemed eligible to sit on a table in the health facility's workroom.  I couldn't take the pressure.  I finally decided on trail mix with a few M&M's sprinkled in with the help of my mom, the ever-wise party planner.

I also poured in a bag of candy corns that have been laughing at me since I declared myself a Biggest Loser Challenge contestant.

TAKE THAT!  YOU DON'T KNOW ME!  I CAN DO IT!

Sorry.  A little rage against the candy corn.

Happy first of November!  Here's wishing you and yours a happy post-Halloween detox!  

"Who me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment