Oh gosh.
Sorry about the way-too-stimulating wanna-be Christmas background I have going on with the blog-O today....as soon as Newbie takes another 4 hour nap, I will fix it. =)
I'm so glad God touched some of your hearts the way He touched mine with those two words, "He repairs" in yesterday's post. Thanks for letting me know God used it to touch you...it makes it easier to be vulnerable when I know God is using my vulnerability and its not just hanging out there somewhere in cyber space. =)
Newbie and I have a mini playgroup at our house planned this morning. In my infinite wisdom, I decided there just wasn't time to do any baking or go to the store, so we'll be having a gourmet combination of Chex mix and coffee for snacks. Awesome. Hostess FAIL! At least you can't burn Chex mix!
Newbie was up at the crack of dawn today, and by 7:30 had already headed down for his nap. We are working through a grueling process of trying to get him to sleep through the night again. I don't know what happened, but a couple weeks ago he decided he wanted to wake up for an hour between 3 and 4, and it has taken its toll on my sanity. He's not sleeping well and neither are we. We are trying tidbits of letting him "cry it out" but I hate hate hate it. I can't seem to let him go long enough or with any consistency before I break and go in and hold him because it just rips me up inside. And the worst part? We have a video monitor, and we saw him PULL DOWN the bumper, PEER THROUGH THE CRIB SLATS, and then heard him cry, "Mamama ma ma ma ma mamamama!"
Have mercy.
He was looking for me.
And wondering where the heck his mama was when he woke up and couldn't fall back asleep.
That was it.
I was done.
The Hubs is going to have to straight jacket me for the plan to work. Because I just can't do it. IT GOES AGAINST NATURE, I TELL YOU!
On a lighter note, I am wearing plaid flannel today. I love plaid flannel. There's just something about it on a chilly November day. It is no velour, but I love it all the same.
I'm off to pull out some coffee and Chex mix....and now you have decided that you will never come to a play group at my house. I'm not going to lie, that is probably not a bad decision. But we would love to have you. As long as you like Chex mix.
Wishing you all a happy plaid flannel kind of day!
You are NOT a fail! :) You're a great hostess!!! I LOVED the Chex mix, and I'm loving the Christmas background! PLEASE don't fix it!!!! :) LEAVE IT! If it makes you feel better I listened to Christmas music on the way to and from your house today! :) And this background makes me want a Christmas background now too. Again... thanks for everything! LOVED IT!
ReplyDelete