Coming to you live from the Bumbo to say...
We got our vote on today!
The Hubs in all his patriotic enthusiasm got us up and at 'em this morning to vote before he went off to work.
.
I was so happy he did.
1) I had to make all the political commercials I've endured the past month worth the pain.
2) I had to make sure I did my part to make sure we don't have Kermit the Frog or some other crazy having the say-so around here.
3) I heard myself say to Newbie, "Today people are going to vote on who is going to run our country- that's a big job!" and I realized it really is a big job, and I had better get out of my velour and go get my vote on with the Hubs today.
4) I know there are people out there who don't get a vote in who is running their country. It is a blessing that we have the freedom to vote, and I wanted to take advantage of that gift.
5) I wanted to get a cool sticker.
...Those stickers only come around once in a blue moon, you know.
If you're having some trouble deciding whether or not to get out of your velour today to go vote, I can assure you it's worth it. And don't fret, you can always climb right back into that velour when you get home. Not that I did. OK. Yes, I did. Sheesh. Folks, you know me too well. =)
Go get your vote on!
It's fun. And patriotic. And a gift.
And....you get a sticker.
I hope you get a sticker today!
PS- Now that I've voted, Campaigners, please stop shoving fliers through the mail slot in my front door. They are wreaking havoc on my front porch harvest decor mojo. Also, don't fake me out with snail mail any more because I am tired of thinking you are a letter from a friend or dear family member and being severely disappointed when you are just another flier. Gracias.




No comments:
Post a Comment