Holey MOLEY!
I almost forgot the legendary SEVEN MONTH POST!
Eek!
Clearly I've been too busy
Shame, shame on me! This is the way I justify never updating the baby book, and I almost let it slip.
Unacceptable.
Buckle up........................................and here we go!
Dear Newbie-
Little man you are SEVEN months old! Your 7 month b-day was a few days ago (on Sunday) and Mama could not believe we had already gotten to 7 months. If you didn't have an entire repertoire of new tricks, I would have thought you were three months old. It can't be that seven months have come and gone, can it?!?!
Your daddy and I are so proud of you. You are such a JOY and we just love you to bits and pieces!
*You have been trying to crawl like crazy. You barrel roll across the room, you flip, you flop, you pivot, you scootch- you are soooo very close! But not there just yet. I think you'll probably learn just in time to wreak havoc on our Christmas tree. =)
*You ADORE your Opie dog. You bust a gut laughing at him, and your little face just lights up when he plays with his Wubba or when he comes up to the gate to greet you. You are fascinated by his every move, and I think you are just jonesing for the day I take down the Great Wall of China in the dining room. Sorry, Bug, Mama just isn't ready to take on Opie in the don't-eat-that-binky war. Maybe next month!

*You ADORE your daddy. Lands sake, he sure can make you laugh. You look for him just like Opie when I say, "Daddy's home!" and then your entire being radiates excitement when he walks through the door. You just think he hung the moon. And I LOVE watching you delight in him!
*You ADORE your mama. =) We spend a lot of time together, and I can get you laughing like nobody's business. I can also get you snoozing. And eating. And playing. And standing. And bouncing. You like to make your mama proud, and you love showing off all your tricks all day long. I never get tired of watching you!
*You are not sleeping great at night. Mama and Daddy are plum wore out. You wake up in the early morning for an hour or so and have the toughest time falling back asleep. I have broken every rule in the book and take you to bed with us after about 45 minutes of toughing it out and trying to get you to go back down. You are a little snuggle bug because as soon as you hit our mattress, you are out like a light. I think it is safe to say you have us wrapped around your little finger. That, and your mama is a pansey.

*You are napping well! You sleep about two hours after you wake up and you are out for an hour or two, then by mid afternoon you are out again for another hour or two. Thank goodness! Naps were rough for a while, but you have gotten better! You are a car snoozer too, so you catch some cat naps in transit if we are out and about. =)
*You look for us from your crib now. It is the sweetest thing. You pull down your bumper and peer out to see who's watching. This is adorable most of the time but heartbreaking when you do this accompanied with a "MAMAMAMA MA MAMA MA MA MA!" and lots of tears at 3 in the morning. It just tears me up!

*You are gabbing like crazy! You like to yell and screech and cough and sing and talk- you say "mama", "mamammamama," and "dada dadadada da!" like you know it makes us happy. I can't wait to hear what pops out of that little mouth next!
*You love to play with your toys. You like them all, and you sit up and go bonkers on the floor grabbing everything you can and sticking it all in your mouth. It is so fun to watch you interact and explore!
*You are loving bath time now. We have a little inflatable bath tub so you can play and splash, and your favorite thing to do is kick your feet and suck on a rubber ducky while you get squeaky clean.
*You love your grandparents and your aunt and uncle. Facial hair creeps you out, but once you have some time to warm-up, you like to grab your Grandpa's face and your uncle's crazy hair. You love to be held and show off all your tricks. You know when someone other than Mama or Daddy is holding you, but if you aren't tired or hungry, you do really well.
*You are a SUPER happy baby. You rarely cry, which is why Mama is such a wimp when it comes to letting you cry yourself to sleep at night. You only cry when you're really upset about something. You didn't even cry when you got a shot yesterday! My brave boy. =) You smile a LOT and you laugh like crazy. You like it when Aunt Corndog tries to make you laugh, and you think your G-Daddy might just be the funniest guy in the world, runner up to your Daddy-O. I love listening to your belly laugh and seeing you smile! I am so happy God has blessed you with such joy, sweet boy!
*You are an eating machine! You nurse 4-5 times a day, and you eat baby food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You eat anywhere from 1/4 of a cup to a full cup of food. You are always a great eater! You have had rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and acorn squash. Mama has to get on the baby food makin' train quick so you have some more variety- you certainly are ready for it! We have to hack through the veggies first, then it will be onto the fruits!

Newbie, your daddy and I love you SO SO much. You are the biggest blessing in our life, and we are just thrilled that God has entrusted your sweet little heart to us. We pray He continues to guide us as we teach you how good He is and how much He loves you. And we pray that someday you will chose to love and follow Him with all your heart! You are a treasure, Sweetheart!
We love you to the moon and back and back again. =)
love love love,
Mama




No comments:
Post a Comment