Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Playgroup rocked his socks off

"I HEART playgroup."
-Newbie

*The fabulous pictures below were taken by  this fine woman.  Hop over to her blog and check her out- she has some beautiful pictures, a sweet little boy, and a super awesome camera strap she just up and made herself a night or two ago.  What the what.  That's what I'm screamin'.  Too cute for words!

The other pics were taken by me and my rad cell phone.  Believe me, you'll be able to figure out which is which. =)


Yes, you have that one right.  That's one of the pictures I took.  But I'm thinking his adorable outfit maybe makes up for the grain and the lack of focus.  Maybe.

Oh my heavens.



I had so much fun with some wonderful girlfriends today, and I had SUCH a blast watching Newbie interact with his fellow littles.  The boy was a riot.  He was the youngest of the bunch, and he seemed pretty peeved that all of his buddies were cruisin' around.  I think it's good motivation to make it happen.  He is a roller and a scootcher, but he has yet to rise to the occasion and start crawling.  He got so close today, I thought it was going to be a kodak moment, but it didn't quite happen.  He watched his buds work their way around the living room, and he was just thrilled to have some playmates hanging out. 



We could stand to work on our social skills, however, as he was gently taking any toys the big kids had that he could get his hands on.  Which I thought was funny....but not exactly endearing.  =)  And he affectionately tried to pull some hair, which means "I love you!" in Newbie language, but not everyone is savvy to Newbie language, so I had to put the kabosh on the hair pulling.



He was pleased as punch to have the gang over, and I think the other littles and the mamas were too.  There will be more playgroups in our future, despite the fact that Chex mix was on the menu.

Here's Newbie with his buddies....this was right as everyone was getting ready to crash.  They were all glazed over and a little whiny.  I thought it was funny because they were ALL singing the same tune: "Feed me some more or take me home so I can go to sleep.  Party's over, folks."

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B: Newbie's stealth toy swiping. 


The sweet little girl on the left is just a doll, and her big brother in the yellow was such a trooper given that he was the only one moving around on two legs.  The little guy with the load of red hair is just the sweetest little boy- you can check out his mama's blog here.  We missed a few homies who had to bow out for the day, but we had fun with our little crowd.


And all the kids were pretty fascinated with Opie.  I think Opie even got some Chex mix out of the deal. =)

Newbie crashed after all the excitement and I got a chance to spruce up the blog.  Two things: I ADORE Christmas, and I ABHOR blog templates.  Blech.  I apologize to those of you who don't decorate until after Thanksgiving.  I hope this isn't messing with your holiday mojo. If it is, close your eyes and pretend it isn't here until next Friday. I just couldn't control myself after Santa shopping last Saturday.  Decos come out gradually over the next few days.  Can't wait!

I'm off to find some grub. I am loving leftovers today.  Hope y'all have a fabulous afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment