Friday, November 12, 2010

Squash Monster

All I can say is, it is a good thing I got off the phone when I did this afternoon because my son was sitting on a squash monster.  It was Blow-Out City.  

Yikes.

In other news, we hit the mall today with a friend of mine for some family photo outfit shopping.  For her.  Not me.  I lived the family photo shopping nightmare once for my family already this year, and I am in no hurry to do it for myself again.  Shopping for a friend's family photo outfits is a lot less stressful.  I'd even call it fun.  Newbie, however, was not convinced.  I think he would have enjoyed the day a little more if I had let him stay home and play with his blocks.  But I was sick of my four walls, so we hit the road. And it was a successful trip, complete with red plaid button-down shirt and sweater vest.

 

Then we got home and the creative juices started flowing and the exersaucer was callin' Newbie's name, and I cranked out this little puppy:


Except the "N" was replaced with a dark brown felt letter.  The above pic just shows off my mad Internet editing skills.  You know, "N" for Newbie.  The slipcover was made out of a flannel receiving blanket that matches his crib set.  I am pretty impressed with myself.  The old pillow cover was one I've had since high school.  Yeah.  It was time.

Speaking of time, I should probably make sure I am not burning down the kitchen.  Chicken's on the stove, and enchiladas are begging to be made.  Y'all have a fantastic Friday night!!!

PS- I am currently about 6 activities away from finishing the Sprinkles and Wrinkles Fun Family Activity Advent Calendar that is going to rock your socks off.  I can't wait to finish it.  Mostly because it is taking forever.  Intense December planning is in the process.  I'm doing all the work so you don't have to.You'rewelcome. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment