Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree, how hodge podge are your branches.

Right now I am watching Christmas in Rockefellar Center because Biggest Loser is not in fact on at 8 tonight, and a Le Vian Chocolate diamond Kay commercial came on with a mama rocking her baby to sleep while the daddy turns on the Christmas tree and tells her its their first Christmas as a family and here's a multi billion dollar diamond to celebrate the occasion.

Yes, please.

And thankyouverymuch.

We decorated our Christmas tree Sunday night. I don't have a diamond to show for it, but it was still a good time. I love decorating the tree because instead of having some swanky theme and matchy matchy ornaments, we hang memories on our tree.  Growing up, I got an ornament each year, and I have all those on our tree.  My mil passed along some of the Hubs' childhood ornaments, so we have those now too.  Then there are all the ornaments we got when we got married.  I love those.  And then I have all these crazy things hanging from it that mean something to us.  Parking permits that hung in the Hubs' windshield when we were dating in college.  Tickets from "Cherish the Ladies"- who we saw last year for our anniversity.  Opie's first Wubba toy.  Newbie's newborn binkies tied together with a ribbon.  It's a mish mash of memories, and I loooove it. 

It was so much fun to decorate with Newbie this year!  He was really into the lights, and he was digging his ornament from last year with his ultrasound picture in it.  He helped Daddy-O hang the star, and he provided some fantastic razzing and gurgling and screaming background music.  It really complimented the Trans-Siberian Orchestra I had playing on the stereo. 

I don't usually say "stereo".  It just is something I say instead of "radio" during Christmas because I love the line in Christmas Vacation when Margo asks Todd, "And why is the stereo all wet, Todd?"  And then Todd says, "I don't KNOW, Margo."  BA ha ha!  Gets me every time.  No?  Not ringing a bell?  Then you, my friend, have not watched Christmas Vacation for 25 consecutive Christmases, and I highly recommend you start catching up because OH THE FUNNY.




Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, great minds think alike because I have a blog post that is quite similar to this sitting in my draft box from last night. My little peepers were just too tired to finish it last night.

    ReplyDelete