Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Calendar, Take one!

Tonight we started our Advent calendar.  The Hubs was more excited than me and Opie and Newbie combined.  It was fun to see him geeked about starting a new tradition.

Tonight's activity...

Elf on the Shelf!





Meet Scooter, our scout elf. I wish I could take credit for the name, but alas, it was the Hubs.  He names all the critters around here.  There's Chuck and Rocko and Squiggles and Gregory, and now, Scooter.


We had so much fun reading the book to Newbie after dinner and finding a spot to stick Scooter where he could keep an eye on everyone and report back to Santa.  We're looking forward to tomorrow night's activity...I can't remember what it is, but I think it may involve chocolate.  Which means I'm hitting the gym first thing in the morning.  Yeesh.

[Disclaimer: the picture below displays the reality of my life as the wife of a hunter.  Close your eyes if you have a fondness for Bambi or perhaps his seventeenth cousin thrice removed.]

This is going to give me nightmares, quite possibly for the rest of my life:
All I hear when I see this picture is Bambi's mama saying, "Man....is in the forest."

Like I said, nightmares.

Have mercy.

2 comments:

  1. I love elf on the shelf! I did it with the kids I used to nanny and it actually worked for a while, they didnt want to be bad because the elf would tell santa : ) but after a while they didnt care anymore haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli! Are you blog hoppin? :-) Also, I have to say, I think scooter is kinda creepy...I have a weird paranoia of things watching me and I think that if I had my own elf on a shelf it would do me in. B, your advent calendar is so stinkin cute! As soon as I saw it I wanted one! Then I reminded myself how many Christmas crafts I still need to complete before starting a new one...ah well, we will save it for next year. ( Of course as soon as I had decided that my husband saw yours on facebook and asked for one :-)

    ReplyDelete