
Prancer and Vixen!
Or Donner and Blitzen...
Or Hershel and Schlo-mo (name that TV show...).
I'm not really sure which two they were, and I can never remember their real names anyway.
But Newbie loved it! He was totally enamored with their big antlers. He just sat in my arms wide-eyed, taking it all in.
Reindeer are so beautiful- majestic even. The Hubs tried to convince me we needed a set of those antlers in our den. That's when I informed him that he would only EVER get coal for Christmas from now 'til eternity if he hunted Santa's reindeer. The thought is barbaric, I tell you! He's been on a hunting high ever since he got home from a quick hunting trip this morning where he got a duck that will most likely grace our dinner table in the next couple weeks. Gross. Can I come eat at your house?
While the Hubs was out hunting, Newbie and I stopped by G-Mama and Grandad's house. Grandad pulled out his guitar and made Newbie's day. He loves listening to his G-Daddy sing!
Newbie got to show off his mad army crawl skills. He made it all the way to the sliding glass door where he stayed forever just playing with the cold glass and checking out the snow. Goofball...
After our trip to G-Mama and G-Daddy's, we left to meet the Daddy-O and hit up the mall for some laid-back Christmas shopping. Not really. Christmas shopping is never laid back after Thanksgiving. Dear Culver's drive thru lady, after a long afternoon knocking elbows in long lines at Nordstrom Rack and handing out knuckle sandwiches in the Old Navy dressing room just to stay alive, the last thing I wanted for dinner was a cup of root beer with only three ice cubes. I could have really used a better root beer to ice ratio after enduring the insanity that is the mall this time of year. Bum-MER.
Regardless of the craziness that is the store parking lot and the disappointing state of my root beer, I'm so glad we got to stop by our rinky dink mall this afternoon for a reindeer visit! If you're in the area, they are at the mall from 5-8 each Saturday from now 'til Christmas. What you see in the pics is what you get- its nothing fancy, but it was so much fun to see them up close. You've got one more weekend to go see them...isn't that crazy?! I can't believe we're only two weeks away from Christmas already!
Guess what is on the top of Newbie's wish list this year...
a cell phone.
Yeah. Not happening. How about a pair of footie pajamas and a Fisher Price truck instead? Santa Ramsey doesn't do cell phones for 8 month-olds. Not even for 8 month-olds who are adorable and who wear argyle leg warmers.
Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! Happy 13 more days 'til Christmas!






No comments:
Post a Comment