*Update @ end of post
The Hubs is feeling a little better this morning, but definitely not anywhere near 100%.
Which begs the question, "what kind of psycho mutant stomach issue is this?"
I had the Hubs call his doc and ask the question we're all wondering around here, and the answer made me want to run for the hills.
The nurse said there's some kind of MAMMOTH MUTANT VIRUS OF MASS DESTRUCTION on the loose that they've been seeing a lot lately. Sickness expectancy: five to ten days.
FIVE TO TEN!
Whaaaaat?!?!?
Mama can't believe it.
It's just too horrific to be true.
I'm still hoping it was the cookie dough.
Because I don't know how to deal with a stomach bug that has been known to wreak havoc for five to ten days. That's like, all the way to Christmas. And that's not counting me or Newbie getting it.
Have mercy.
The poor Hubs. The guy is just down and out. Although, I think the macho man movies he's got stocked up upstairs are helping him through, because he does sound a lot better today. But he's living life on the edge, that's for sure.
Who's ever heard of a stomach flu that lasts 5-10 days? How does somebody come back from that?!?
All I know is, Newbie and I will be crashing downstairs under the Christmas tree again tonight because the Hubs definitely isn't out of the woods yet.
I wish I had better news to share. The laundry hot cycle is going strong, the Lysol has made its 634th appearance in the past 24 hours, and Newbie and I might hit the road again today in search of hope and fresh air. Or not. We may just stay in our jammies and watch Christmas movies all day. I haven't made the call yet.
Hoping you all are happy and healthy today! Enjoy the Christmas shopping and the Christmas cookies for us!
Update: The Hubs is feeling like a new man tonight! Woohoo! He looks light years better than he has in 24 hours, and he even requested McDonald's for dinner, so you gotta know he's on his way out. =) We found out through the doc that if it was a virus, this one is not contagious through the air, but only through touch. I was able to breathe a little easier knowing the germs weren't floating around in the atmosphere around here and instead were only camping out on various objects. I am so thankful. I am so glad this thing doesn't look like its going to hang on for 5-10 days. As long as he stays in the clear, tomorrow I'll be scrubbing down the biohazard that is our entire third floor, and we'll bid the Hubs' experience farewell. Thank you for all the prayers! Newbie and I are still going strong, and hoping it stays that way. Have a great night...and if you're hurting for something to do, it's Biggest Loser Tuesday on NBC, and tonight's the finale. Maybe I'll see you there. =)
Oh. my. WORD! 5-10 days IS crazy!!!! I hope he lands on the low end of 5 and that it stops there and doesn't hit you and Newb!
ReplyDelete