Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On your mark, get set........

*Update at the bottom of this post

Because why not dump out all the Christmas DVD's while Mama folds the laundry? 


We're all about carpe diem around here, folks. And if dumping out all the DVD's is how Newbie is going to get his jollies at 11 o'clock on a Wednesday morning, then by George, I'm going to let him do it.


Peek-a-boo!  This is my view when Newbie gets sleepy...he comes up to my ankles and tells me somebody had better take him to bed or he's going to pull a full-blown freak out STAT.  And yes, those are pajama pants that I was wearing at 1 o'clock in the afternoon.  I figured changing would just be more laundry, and I just wasn't up for it.

I'm happy to report that I have since changed into a very classy velour suit ensemble.
And now for the big news:

I'm hosting a cleaning marathon around here today.

In between the diapers and the play time, of course.  Which I totally don't mind.  A little round of "stack these rings on this cone" takes me to my happy place after sifting through way too much laundry and saturating my house in Lysol.

At this point, my entire house is combustible.  Nobody light a match or this thing's gonna blow.

I'm thinking I should probably invest in a gas mask for all the bleaching and disinfecting sprees I go on post-sickness.  I think I'd see a good return.

Anyway, just popping in before our lunch of applesauce and bread to tell you that Newbie and I are still in the clear and that the Hubs is back in action today.  I actually let him come downstairs to watch the Biggest Loser Finale on the TV last night.  It was out of my comfort zone, given that I didn't have a full-on haz-mat bodysuit for him to wear, but hey, I love the guy.  =) He was feeling a ton better last night, and I was pretty sure we were all systems go for non-contagious fellowship.


Also, this is what I used to brush my teeth last night because my toothbrush was trapped in the contaminated bathroom, and it had been a solid 48 hours since I had last brushed my teeth.


I wouldn't recommend it.  Somewhere in all the rubbing of a mint leaf covered in baking soda all up in my mouth I realized neither mint nor baking soda tastes like my sugary Crest.  Originally I tried a candy cane, hoping the minty flavor would suffice, but I would not recommend that either.  What I probably should have done was pick up a new toothbrush and toothpaste on my multiple trips to the grocery store for saltines and sprite and diapers.  I'm not always what we would refer to as the brightest crayon in the box.

Hope you all are having a good week.  And if you're having a very rough week like myself, I highly recommend a some french fries and some Family Life Today on the radio.  Maybe even a squishy baby thrown in for good measure.  Just sayin'.  It's what's getting me through.

Update: I did it.  I just got back from entering the war zone and taking on the germ infested bedroom and bathroom like the true fightin' Texan I am.  The pile of sicky bed sheets and the comforter and the multiple winter blankets piled on top taunted me and tried to wear me down, but I stuck with it until each one of those puppies was placed in the "sick laundry" pile.  I stripped the bed and sprayed it down with Lysol like nobodies business.  I disinfected the walls, the carpet, the Christmas wreath. "Did she really just go there? Is this woman serious?" you ask.  Yes, yes I did, and yes, yes I am.

I did everything I could to freshen up the joint (including opening a few windows and letting the crisp 14 degree breeze float in) and then I took a shower to disinfect myself.

And now?  Now it is a new day.  Now I feel refreshed.  Now if Newbie or I go down swinging, at least the next round of disinfecting won't be three family members thick.  It feels good.  Now on to treat myself to a little something from the kitchen.  I've been crunching on soup and toast lately, and I'm seriously starting to think I might stand a chance at the BL title yet.  Last weigh-in is next week, and I'm not too afraid. Something about watching your husband battle in a stomach warfare really turns you off of the holiday treats.

And with that, I'll leave you and yours to your afternoon snack!  =)

2 comments:

  1. Love your version of toothpaste! L.O.L. Glad you are feeling a little more confident with what your Lysol has done to your house! Love that you got in the shower to "disinfect" yourself! :) LOL Poor Daddy-o... looks so sad all wrapped up on the floor! Looks like the 10 day is not in your forecast... SO GLAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted the standings. You're sitting pretty for the top 3 if this is a good week! Although, that would highly disappoint me, because that means you would push me below the 'yellow line'. Good luck, anyhow. :)

    ReplyDelete