Y'all, the Hubs was out until midnight last night chopping up the you-know-what from Deer Camp.
That thing must have been a BEAST because he started around 6 and thought he'd be home by 8.
And I was informed this morning that it is now hanging out in a box in the back of his car in the driveway.
Because that's not weird. At all.
And when I woke up this morning I spied a wad of gauze in the trashcan and some Neosporin and Newbie's Toy Story Band-aids chilling out on the bathroom counter. The Hubs had to leave for work before I could check, but given the evidence, I'm not sure he still has all his fingers and toes after his butcher party last night.
That is all. Just thought I'd update you on the goings-on this morning before Newbie and I head out to church. It's not every day you can say your husband got in late last night because he was hacking away at next week's dinner. (Is that too gross? Sorry. It's been seven years since I met this guy and I have just learned to detach myself from reality and repress all memories of the fun and fancy free animals in every Disney movie I've ever seen when it comes to this stuff. It's just business. The business of a hunter and his wife. If I didn't detach myself, I would be sobbing. Sobbing and mourning the loss of Bambi's fifteenth cousin thrice removed who now resides in a box in the back of my husband's car.) However, there are no guarantees that it will be dinner for me. I'm going to make the Hubs take the first bite and give him a good 24 hours before I decide whether or not I want to risk it. I'm just sayin'.
I'm not going to be the first in line to sign up for salmonella a la Bambi after that thing has been sitting out in our car overnight. Sure, its a billion degrees below zero, but I'm just not up for falling on the sword this early in the week. This being the wife of a hunter thing takes some serious getting used to. I'll keep you updated- both on the edible delight sitting in my driveway and on the Hubs' fingers and toes or lack thereof.
Y'all have a blessed Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment