Friday, December 10, 2010

The incredible hair fashion tool

We just got home from play group and Newbie is crashed upstairs.  I can hear him sawing logs through the monitor, and I am enjoying a little quiet time with Opie and the unfortunate result of an impulse buy at McDonald's.  Hello, McNuggets.  Goodbye, Biggest Loser title.

Have I mentioned Christmas is a bad time to try and jump on the healthy lifestyle bandwagon?  Because it is.  Get a load of this spread from the Christmas craft party last night:


and that was before the coconut macaroons and cake balls showed up.  Have mercy.

Craft night was a load of fun, but I'll save the details for later when I snag a few fantastic pictures from my friend who's a camera extraordinaire.  I was too distracted by the gingerbread trifle and hummus to take pictures.

I did snap a couple at play group today, despite gingerbread trifle Take Two and the HOMEMADE cranberry scones my girlfriend had set out in a lovely Christmas spread on her dining room table.  Seriously.  This woman's house is SO stinkin' cute.  I'd pay her an arm and a leg to come redecorate my house for me. She's got a knack, that's for sure.



We met a couple of new friends today and were excited to have another "little" join the gang. =)

Check out that homegrown snowman onesie Newbie's mama cranked out earlier this week.  I may melt Tupperware on the stove while grilling up some cheese sandwiches and leave clothes in the dryer for days on end, but I can make one mean puff-paint onesie, I tell you what. And yes, those are wool leg-warmers he's sporting with his new "Let it Snow" ensemble.  Just don't tell the Hubs.  What happens at play group stays at play group, folks.  No need for the Daddy-O to find out his little man wore argyle leg-warmers to our little outing this morning. te he he. The Hubs is still not a fan of them, though I think they confuse him more than anything.  He has used the term "chaps" on more than one occasion when describing his dislike for them. I, on the other hand, think they are precious and the perfect excuse for pants when real pants would get too bunched up in the full-body snow suit I have to lug him around in now that's its started to snow so much.

There was a lot of slobbering and cranking at play group on Newbie's part today.  He's getting more and more opinionated now that he can crawl, and BOY HOWDY does he know what he wants when it comes to toys...and electrical cords.  I had to pull him away from a cord at least three times today.  Baby-proofing, here we come!  The Hubs and I are hitting up Babies 'R Us tomorrow on his day off in hopes of getting ahead of the billion and three health-code violations we have going on around here before Newbie gets any faster with this crawling bit. I feel like we need to get on top of it before he is swinging from our blinds like a little monkey and pulling up on the sharp edges of our entertainment center like its a chin-up bar.

In other news, I was digging through my linen closet for the nozzle to my hairdryer, since I used that sucker for the first time in 10 months last night, and I found my Topsy Tail!!!  I kid you not.  Circa 1993.  That. thing. is. awesome.  I used it on my hair before last night's shindig, and I am not exaggerating when I tell you I will be using it every day now for the rest of my life.  I remember when my mom bought it for my sister and I at the mall after we stood in a department store watching an infomercial for it.  I don't know where it has been hiding for the past 17 years, but it is back in all its glory.  After viewing the infomercial, you may question my judgement, but take away the shoulder-pads and the permed bangs, sub in a felted flower clip and a cute scarf, and you have yourself a humdinger of a hairdo. 



Wishing you all a Topsy Tail-fabulous hair day! =)

3 comments:

  1. Once again, I am laughing out loud over here! YOU have a knack for blogging and I'm so jealous! I wish I could write half as humorous as you do! You know... I remember seeing your cute hair last night, but didn't even think about it "being" a topsy tail! LOVE IT... I think you've brought it back in a mighty way... because I remember thinking... awww her hair is CUTE! Ok, take away my clothes pin... I said, it: CUTE!!!! And I'll say it again... CUTE post with cute adorable play group pics! :) Hope you're safe in bed with the hubs now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you buy the TopsyTail?? How adorable, would make a wonderful Christmas gift....need to run right out and see if I can find one. You are a darn good saleman!
    Looks like your little guy is a big fan of play groups.....he is growing so big....and crawling!!oh, my. Your gingerbread trifle looked fabulous, bet it tasted just as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma-not sure where to find the Topsy Tail now...I got mine in 1993 when they first came out =) But maybe Walgreens or RiteAid? Sometimes they sell off-beat stuff like that=)

    ReplyDelete