We have had such a whirlwind experience the past 72 hours that I am thinking I'm going to have to go list-style just to catch up.
Hold on to your hats...
Thursday:
-Spent the day lazing around. I don't even remember what we did throughout the day. That's how unproductive we were. It. was. awesome.
-Eventually I peeled myself out of my velour, and we went to dinner with my MIL and FIL and Aunt Corndog and the Broski where my MIL gave Newbie the most adorable slew of Christmas attire this side of the Mississippi. We are working through a cute Christmas outfit rotation this week to fit them all in more than once before next weekend. It is a red and green extravaganza in Newbie's dresser this week, and I'm loving it! Who doesn't love a baby hiney plastered with a reindeer and some jingle bells?
Friday:
-The Hubs had the day off, so we spent the day running all over the place. Newbie was so patient and good in the car. We dropped a load or seven off at the laundromat in hopes of trying to get on top of all our laundry, and then we indulged in McD's, because sometimes McDonald's twice in one week feels good. Then we hustled Newbie over to G-Mama and Grandad's house and went back home to get ready for a big night out.
-The Hubs and I got all gussied up for a beautiful winter wedding. In a time crunch, I used the Topsy Tail for a quick up-do, and I have to say it left a little something to be desired, but we pressed on because sometimes you have to rock the messy bun and pretend it was exactly how you wanted your hair to look that day.
-We had so much fun. The wedding was GORGEOUS. Beautiful bride and beautiful love story. Pretty centerpieces (I'm a big fan of centerpieces) and hearty beef stew in a bread bowl. They mastered the rustic romantic theme with candles and pine cones, and it was so much fun to celebrate with them. I had an unfortunate experience with some chocolate shavings and some hot water, but other than that, the night was wonderful. All I can say is, I'm rather confident now that what I then thought was the makings of some seriously fancy hot chocolate ingredients was actually suppose to be a garnish for the coffee. I don't get out much.
-After the wedding we hit up Buffalo Wild Wings with some fun couples for some too-spicy honey BBQ wings and boisterous conversation. It was a very good time, and the Hubs and I were digging that we were out past midnight for the first time since our college days. We had a ball.
-Then we went home and watched some old "Friends" episodes til the wee hours of the morning because GO HARD OR GO HOME when you've got yourself a babysitter.
THEN today happened.
Saturday.
I have pictures that I can't load right now, and I can't give you all the details until I have the pictures to show for it, because they are priceless. So the deets will have to wait til I get the camera up and running. But I'll give you a hint...
The man with the bag called in sick today.
And the Hubs was asked to carry the torch.
And he did.
For three solid hours.
Because he is a champ.
And it was HILARIOUS.
Of course, we took Newbie for a visit, and after seeing the crusty polyester/rhinoceros hair/cotton blend white (yellow?) beard he had to wear, I'm not convinced he isn't going to come home tonight with some sort of disease or at least a bad case of head lice.
I'm serious.
More on that when I get the pictures uploaded. Believe me, it will be worth the wait. =)
6 more days until Christmas....can you believe it?!? Hope you're finding some time amidst the busyness and chaos and CRAZY STINKING DRIVERS to enjoy some moments reflecting on the season and enjoying your family and friends or at least an occasional Christmas cookie...or twelve.
Merry almost Christmas!
A few things:
ReplyDelete1)I meant to comment on your great hair at the wedding! (that was not sarcasm) Since I read your blog and know about the topsy tail I had a very high level of appreciation for your "do":-)
2)I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you should have gone with your gut about the chocolate shavings..who knows, you may have been on to something
3)So glad we all went out afterwards! So much fun! I apologize for the boisterous conversation ha! There were only two people being boisterous and I was married to one of them.
4)I feel better now that I know the santa thing was last minute. When I saw it on your facebook status I was like "Oh my word! I can't believe he told that whole story about the woman handing him the baby and never mentioned that he was going to be doing that for three whole hours!!" ;)
O.k..this should have been an email! Sorry its so long...