Saturday, December 4, 2010

Of hysteria and Christmas cards

This morning I find myself lost in a sea of confusion.

Two questions:

1) Do I keep the sleeved and ruffled black dress I bought at the mall last night or do I keep looking and return it for a more versatile number?

Dress shopping comes in third on my list of things I hate to shop for.  1-swimsuits. 2-jeans. 3-dresses.

2) Why do Christmas card decisions feel as high-stress as disarming a ticking time bomb? 

I feel like Jack Bauer in the Snapfish card shop this morning.  I mean, really?  Why do I start sweating bullets and get short of breath when trying to decide on the 5x7 or 4x8 inch "Rejoice" greeting card? WHY IS THIS HARD?!?!?

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Now I'm stuck on one more question:

To relieve the stress, should I get out of my velour, put on some make-up, medicate myself with some Starbucks and head out in search of a dress to trump the one I already have OR should I snuggle down into my velour, find my slippers, and watch some White Christmas to help me forget about my dilemma? 

I'll have to ask Newbie.  He's still in his cookie pants today too, and I guess I should see which option he's up for.  I love having a little sidekick to help me make these kinds of tough decisions.

In other news, I'm making more photobooks this afternoon.  I know, I'm sick.  But I just found little 2x3 mini books, and I'm thinking its the perfect solution to my "what do I do with all these pictures that I love?" problem.  But it will only prove to be a solution if Snapfish starts uploading a little faster than molasses.  Oh. my. SLOW.

Do you want to know what isn't slow?  Newbie.  He is barrel-rolling faster than the speed of light these days.  And he is MOMENTS away from officially crawling.  Each day is belly gets a little higher off the ground.  Yesterday he was scootching along in a little slow-mo army crawl, but it was too fleeting and irregular to declare an official crawl.  And so we wait.  Video camera at the ready, we wait.  Hopefully I'll have some fun footage for you soon!

I'm going back to the Snapfish trenches, paper bag in hand in hopes of relieving any hyperventilation attacks.

Wishing you all a super Saturday and hoping all your Christmas card ambitions come true!

1 comment:

  1. These ARE big decisions! I get the sweating bullets thing over Christmas cards!!! LOL Baahaha! So true! And I can't WAIT to see your 2x3 photobooks!!!! You will let me look through them all won't you!?! Just kidding! :)

    ReplyDelete