Friday, October 1, 2010

Dreams Really Do Come True!


That happened.

Have I not mentioned my love affair with Chick-Fil-A?  We are hopelessly devoted. And there are none within a 500 mile radius of my house.

However, last night we went over to my parents' for dinner and LOOK AT WHAT WE HAD!

Have mercy.

My dad picked it up from OUT OF STATE on his way home from a business trip yesterday. I knew I loved that man.

In other news, Newbie and I went for a little "jog" yesterday until this mama realized that not all yoga pants are created equal.  I was scraping my pants off the ground when I decided our jog would have to wait for another day when Mama is wearing appropriate attire.  So that'll probably set me back another 6 weeks months.

But the good news is, Newbie looked really cute all bundled up for our outing.

Oh, and it turns out we aren't the only house in town fighting off the Mouse King and his band of merry men...I found this on my parents' basement door last night:






The battle rages, indeed.  The Hubs seems to think we only had one mouse and that all our troubles are over.  I however, know better.  Those suckers are like stealth bombers- they'll drop pellets in your pantry for weeks before you realize they've been in there.  And then it's too late- they've been in your sofas and your Halloween candy stash, and in some unfortunate cases, your China cabinet. So we're still on high alert over here as far as I am concerned.  It's us 1, mice 2-if you count the little surprise I found on the carpet last week AFTER vacuuming.  Gross.

Speaking of Halloween candy, Newbie and I just got back from a trip to the grocery store where we found Halloween Oreos, but, to our dismay, no Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts.  So we settled on a gallon of apple cider instead. 

Upon returning home and unloading the groceries, I realized that, while in transit from driveway to kitchen, I had mistakenly let in THE WORLD'S LARGEST HORSE FLY.  It is staring at me from its perch in the wall RIGHT NOW, and I am not entirely sure it does not have a mind to eat me.  I am not kidding.  The thing is as large as the Hubs' big toe.  And that is BIG

In the event I am consumed by THE WORLD'S LARGEST HORSE FLY in the space of this afternoon, I would like my sister to inherit all of my American Girl Dolls and accessories, and I would like someone to please commit to introducing my son to Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Cream Cheese Icing when he is able to eat solid food because the Hubs believes they are overrated, and that is simply not the case.  I cannot bear the thought of my son never experiencing the glory of the Pumpkin Spice Donut with Cream Cheese Icing.

On that note, I'm outta here.  I hope you and yours get to eat a Halloween Oreo this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the dog doesn't get Chick-Fil-A, only ice water. Baby boy has that look of anticipation that Dad will throw him a bone too. What a great Dad you have to go to all that trouble to please his Little Girl.

    ReplyDelete