Friday, October 22, 2010

Somebody lost her marbles, and it was me.

Coming out of a cave full of tissues and questions regarding whether or not it is OK to hit up the Nyquil if I'm nursing to bring you the following irrelevant information (yes, I have officially caught Newbie's cold- and now I feel worse for him than ever!)...

I just found this picture of myself at 16 weeks pregnant this time last year, and I KID YOU NOT, the first thought that came to mind when I saw it was,

"Gee, I remember that. That was before I went crazy."



Somewhere around week 20 or so of my pregnancy I went absolutely bonkers, and I haven't returned to sanity since.  I forget things, my mind is jelly, I freak out about everything, and I'm balding.

Who knew the "pregnancy crazy" would hang around this long?

What is it about getting pregnant and having a baby that turns your mind to jello?

I don't know. But I can tell you mine is gone.  Like, so, SO far gone.

Which would explain why we had to have tacos instead of spaghetti for dinner tonight because I had not, in fact, bought the spaghetti noodles like I thought I had.

That is all.

No, actually, that is not all.

I'd also like to add that Chet the squirrel has unleashed either the Beav or an army of raccoons with chain saws, or possibly an unexpected and destructive combination of both, into our bedroom walls.  I seriously thought the walls were going to cave in around us during our afternoon nap today. 

That is all.

For reals.

4 comments:

  1. Again!!! CRACKING up here! :( I've lost mine too, Brittany! I forget things ALL. OF. THE. TIME! It's insane! We must have some SUPER smart babies since they took all of our brain cells! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sorry you are sick :( Unfortunately, I don't think you are "technically" supposed to take nyquil....however, I say that us crazy's gotta do what we gotta do to make it through the day. If you do take it you will prolly experience the following benefits
    - Newbie will take some killer naps
    - You will hopefully sleep so hard that you won't even hear any furry little creatures that may be lurking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about Nyquil too. I'm about to research what I can take being a nursing mom. I'm sick too. blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry everybody is sick. Dr. would probably say No to Nyquil, but a little sleep never hurt anyone. Get some Vit. C, 500 mg. is good, and take them until Spring. TJ too, he has been sick too many times this Fall. You can get chewable ones even and pretend they are candy. Sorry they don't make Pumpkin flavored ones TJ. Have you both had your flu shot? Get better, then go get them, it's a long winter ahead. Love ya'

    ReplyDelete