Friday, October 8, 2010

EPIC

I have officially put off this post for two weeks because I am so afraid I won't do it justice.  But it has been put off for too long, so I'm gonna hold my breath and take a whack at it...

To begin with, I love this man.

Like head-over-heels, legs turn to jelly, butterflies in my tummy, kind of love him. (I also love Chick-Fil-A, which is where this picture was taken, but that's not really pertanent.)

He's funny, he's smart, he loves God, and me and Newbie and his family and friends. And other people. And hunting.  And football.

I respect this man.




Like think he's the greatest, most upstanding man of integrity out there.  I had ridiculous standards when I started dating him, and I can honestly say he surpassed every single one of my expectations and completely blew my idea of what my knight in shining armor would consist of out of the water.  My husband is out-of-this-world amazing.  I have so much respect for him.

And I am SO PROUD of this man.


I'm proud of his passion to love God and to love people and to lead our family as Jesus followers.  I am proud of the daddy he has become- the one I always knew he would be.  I am proud of the master mouse trapper he is, because if it weren't for him, this place would be over-run with Gus-Gus and his band of merry men, and I would be curled up in the fetal position in a corner somewhere.  That's not super relevant, but I'm just saying; I'm proud of this guy- he is a man of many trades. =)

And I'm proud of him because of how hard he works.  He has busted his hiney for our family and last week he found out he got a job offer that is completely perfect for him. 

We were thrilled.

We were excited.

We were peeing our pants.  Only a little.

He has worked so hard through college and the past several years, and he now has the opportunity to work somewhere that is totally in his "zone."  He accepted the job offer with fervor. =) We are so excited to begin this new chapter!  Today is his last day at work before he starts his new job on Monday, and Newbie and I are headed out soon to join him for lunch at his office.  We are so grateful God has provided for us through his current position, and we are so blessed to have to opportunity for the Hubs to move on to a new position that is in a field he is passionate about. 

I can't put into words how excited I am for my husband, or how proud I am of him for trusting in God's timing and purpose while he looked for a place where he could really use his gifts and be passionate about what he was doing.  And this new place is the spot!  We are so looking forward to this new beginning! 

So congratulations to my man, my stud, my warrior; and here's to the end of an era!  (I really tried to make that last line sound epic. I hope it worked. =]) I love you, Babe, and I'm so proud of you!!!!


CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you guys! That is very exciting...and now, just what is this new job???

    ReplyDelete