
Today I made
PUMPKIN PANCAKES
with whip cream and cinnamon on top for breakfast. The Hubs has the day off, so I decided it was go big or go home.
I also whipped out the Beaba Baby Cook and took my first whack at making Newbie's baby food. Sweet potatoes, comin' right up! I have to say, it was a breeze, even for me. Which is saying a lot, because this lady burns EVERYTHING. So I think there's a good chance my little man will be feasting on homemade baby food on a regular basis.
That last sentence looks so ambitious, it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and hide. But we shall keep calm and carry on with our lofty goals.
Speaking of lofty goals, when Newbie gets up from his nap, we are headed out to a local park to walk some nature trails and have a picnic together. Lofty? you ask. Yes, lofty. Because we are taking Opie. And Newbie. And we plan to have lunch and enjoy Creation's serenity together. I'll let you know how it goes.
Have mercy.
This would be a great place to share some pictures of our homemade baby food and our delicious pancakes and my sweet little guy playing the leaves yesterday afternoon, but my camera is downstairs, and I am not. While I'm feeling ambitious today, I'm not feeling that ambitious. So I'll update later with some munchable pictures of food and baby rolls.
For now I just thought I'd drop in to share my food endeavors and inform you that I am still missing the "u" key on my laptop thanks to a vigorous birthday message a la 6 month old.
Also, I love when the Hubs has a day off. It is like the allspice in my pumpkin pancake....life just isn't the same without it.
I hope you have allspice in your pumpkin pancakes today.
Mmmm... enjoy that allspice today! Hubby days off are the BEST EVER! Your writing absolutely CRACKS me up! I couldn't stop laughing and had to read this out loud to Brett! The sentence that got me was: "That last sentence looks so ambitious, it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and hide." AND: "but my camera is downstairs, and I am not. While I'm feeling ambitious today, I'm not feeling that ambitious." I want to be a writer like you when I grow up!!! :) YAY for homemade baby food!!! It's the best! Breck doesn't even need his pureed now... I just steam/bake and mash! It's sooo nice! :) Glad you had a good first experience!
ReplyDelete