Monday, October 25, 2010

It's like a nasty Mucinex commercial over here

Whoa

I don't know how to even begin coming back from that last post.  I blame it all on the late hour, the sleep deprivation, and the massive amounts of Benadryl coursing through my veins at that point in time.

I wish I could promise I won't hit up the Benadryl again tonight, but that's simply something I cannot do based on the fact that last night I slept better than I have in 25 years.  But I can promise not to blog under the influence again.  Consider it done.

This morning the Hubs and I had big plans.  We took Newbie for a drive to get an oil change.  Yes, we live a glamorous and exciting life.  We were pumped to have an outing planned, and I LOVE getting the oil changed because I feel like we're just getting a once-over on the car.  It's like a well child check-up.  It just feels good to be seen by someone who knows what they're talking about every once in a while.

Speaking of well child check-ups, Newbie has his 6 month appointment tomorrow afternoon, although I wouldn't exactly call it a "well child check up" because we're still in the middle of a booger party over here.  There isn't enough Kleenex in the world to help us out, though that doesn't really seem to matter since 6 month olds apparently just wipe those runny noses wherever they please, which in Newbie's case, is most often his mother's shirt, pants, face and hair. 

Shower?  Yes, please!

Enough about vehicular and nasal fluids. It's so gross and out of character for me to write about.  But when you've been blowing noses for 6 days, it's just hard to avoid blogging about it.  It was that or talking about the worms I found in the sack of potatoes in my kitchen today.  I thought boogers were a little less disturbing.

Commence awkward change of subject...

Do you know what is fun to watch?

...Your son fall in love with the BARGAIN you found at a garage sale three months ago.  I ran into a HUGE bag of Fisher Price blocks- the ones full of wiggly little plastic animals, and sprinkles, and whirly gigs that move when ya shake 'em- and I bought the set of 30 for ONE DOLLAR. They are in perfect condition. That's a 50 dollar value, folks.  HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!!  Newbie was too little to play with them when I bought them, so I just pulled them out for him today since he's been so into toys lately.  He LOVES them.  I thought it might be a good pick-me-up after not feeling good for so long. 

And yes, that is basket one of five unfolded laundry baskets sitting in the living room that has been chilling there for the past 6 days.  You didn't actually think I chose to be productive during the plague outbreak, did you?!?  No way, dude.  Anyway, my washing machine is still broken, so its a good 25 minute drive to hit up the 'rents for some free laundering. That's a tall order for a sick lady and her baby.  I've just been living in my velour, which is nothing new. =)

I've got a little guy here who is tired of watching his mama blog and who wants company while he plays with his new collection de awesome garage sale finds.  I'm outta here...

Hope your week is off to a great start!

2 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly jealous right now!! I have been checking craigslist almost daily for those little blocks!! Congrats on the good find! Hope you are feeling better....or if not, that you at least get to tack a nap with the little one all cuddled up next to you this afternoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS A STEAL!!!!! Goodness SAKES! I LOVE those things and am always on the look out for them! FIVE dollars even would have been a steal... but ONE DOLLAR... HOLY MOLY! :) Hope you all FEEL BETTER SOON! :( Loved the under the influence post too by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete