Newbie is on the move!
My boy has been officially crawling for 24 hours.
He is fast.
He is efficient.
He is sneaky.
In the course of the past 6 weeks, as we've been waiting for him to crawl, he has been secretly perfecting the art of the stealth bomber army crawl without us knowing.
His arms reach out ahead of him. His belly scarcely raises from the ground. His knees come up to his chest. He stretches back out. He's like a super-sonic low-profile inch worm. And in two seconds flat, he has crawled from one end of the room to the other.
His favorite destinations:
the radiator.
the Christmas tree.
the Christmas presents.
the Great Wall of China.
the laptop power cord.
the lead paint chipping off the door frame.
the glider.
Yes, indeed. He is nothing if not courageous and determined to sneak off to the faraway edges of the baby-proof living room and into the unknown.
NOT THE TREE! NOT THE TREE! STAY ON THE QUILT, SON! STAY ON THE QUILT!!!
Sorry. Flashback.
And so, the "No" Wars have begun.
Except...
except...
when I tell him "no"....
he laughs at me.
LAUGHS.
Have mercy.
Ah HA! Caught red-handed!

Me: "No."
Newbie: "BA HA HA! I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER AND ALL YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATING ATTEMPTS! HA HA HA! TEE HEE HEE!"
And after he laughs, he looks up at me with those sweet pinchable cheeks and those big blue eyes, and I melt. So my "tough mama" plan is foiled. And I snuggle and smooch him.
And so, the battle rages on.
And yes, that is a wiggly eye pug shirt he has on. It's in honor of his Aunt Corndog. He can only wear it when the Hubs is gone for the day because the Hubs is not a fan of the pug.
Here are a few pics from the past few days before Newbie was OFFICIALLY crawling:
Can you guess what movie Newbie and I watched together yesterday? I thought I would spare the Hubs and let him sit out of the annual viewing this year. =)
These two are getting to be really good buddies. Opie adores Newbie, and Newbie thinks Opie is hilarious. He's hands-down the only one in this house that thinks anything Opie does is funny anymore after he ate our DINING ROOM CARPET last week.
Guess who's rocking out the fine motor skills and holding his own bottle now!
This baby boy is on a roll! Holding his own bottle, crawling...at this rate, next week he'll be doing our laundry. And there will be great rejoicing. Because somebody around here should really get after that department.
I'm off to find something to do other than laundry. If you haven't had a chance to read about the Howler Monkeys in Crazy Town, then scroll down because I have some highly sought-after marital counseling advice for you.
Happy Tuesday!





Oh! The No war!!! Eeek! It's interesting and not the most fun part of being a parent! I LOVE LOVE LOVE newbie's google eyes shirt!!!! Where is that from!?!? I giggled when I saw it! :)
ReplyDeleteWHITE CHRISTMAS! Love it! It is a tradition for me and my sisters as well. My dear husband got out of watching it on our date night a few weeks ago but I know the day is drawing near :-)
ReplyDelete